“The best meal in Houston”

Shula's Steak House - Houston
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House - Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Polk
Description: Located in the Hyatt Regency Houston in the Downtown Energy corridor. Shula's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner 365 days a year. We proudly serve the SHULA CUT, Premium Black Angus Brand Beef that meets 10 science based specifications. Private dining available for parties from 4-90.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

One of the best Steak houses we have been to. Our son has food allergies, and they accommodated our every need. fantastic staff. Beautiful place in the lobby of Hyatt Hotel. Everything was delicious. Expensive, yes. But you pay for what you get there. They even called us the next day to make sure we were happy. We thank you.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wait staff was very attentive and helpful. The buffet is not huge but the food was very good and well presented.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I often shun hotel restaurants because I believe they do not rely on returning customers and word of mouth to stay in business. Shula's is different. This is a really good steakhouse that just happens to be in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency. The wait staff is sharp and attentive. The food was prepared to perfection.

The restaurant is not cheap or a bargain. It is a properly priced high-end steakhouse in every sense of the word.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Steakhouse owned by NFL legend Don Shula. We knew this would be a pricey meal, but if its really good, price not an issue for us. The décor is modern with clean lines and intimate booths. The server explains the restaurant “concept” and wheels a cart with cuts of meal for you to see. We ordered the Lobster Bisque and French onion soup and appetizers. They also bring you a hot loaf of sourdough bread, which was so good. My bisque was wonderful, very creamy, one of the better bisques I have had. I tasted the onion soup my husband liked but said was a little to salty, I agreed but had a wonderful deep beefy flavor. To the meats, I ordered the Oscar Fillet (beef fillet with sautéed lump crab and asparagus served with a side of hollandaise). Overall this dish was very good, but for the price I would have expected the fillet to be fork tender and melt like butter, I had to use the steak knife to cut it and was slightly over cooked, more med then med rare. I was disappointed in the quality of the meat. My husband ordered the bone in rib eye, said the flavor was very good, yet it lacked that tender fatty quality you should get in this cut of meat. As sides we had the roasted asparagus and the twice baked potato, both very yummy. The total cost of the meal was $165 with tip, for this price range we expected a much better quality of meat. I have had better meat at less expensive restaurants.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience at Shulas. The food was cooked to perfection. I had grilled halibut and have never in my life tasted halibut done so well. The wine menu was excellent. Although my meal was a bit delayed due to a large party, the waiter offered to buy me a glass of wine on the house and was most apologetic. I would definitely return to Shulas on my next trip to Houston.