“One of the best breakfasts I've ever had”

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 8,348 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Polk
Description: Located in the Hyatt Regency Houston in the Downtown Energy corridor. Shula's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner 365 days a year. We proudly serve the SHULA CUT, Premium Black Angus Brand Beef that meets 10 science based specifications. Private dining available for parties from 4-90.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Service was slow and somewhat shocked that we didnt choose the buffet. Glad we ordered off the menu as this was a truly memorable breakfast. I definitely recommend the southwestern eggs benedict - the chorizo and hollandaise were spicy and very flavorful. The homefrie caserole or whatever you want to call it was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle - perfect.

A little expensive for breakfast for two but definitely a great start to the day. Service picked up toward the end of our meal with frequent coffee stops.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a meal at this restaurant located on the ground floor at the Hyatt Regency hotel and it was quite pleasant. Service was very attentive and polite.
Food was tasty but portions are quite small making it a bit overpriced. Other than that this is a good pick.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Now I am sure most of the reviews will be about the steak but I didn't even get that far on the menu. I stopped at salad and a side, but WOW, it was GREAT! I was on business travel so I sat at the bar. First let me say the the wine pour was very generous which makes the price per glass a bit less painful. To eat, I ordered the caesar salad and a side of crab macaroni and cheese. The salad was amazing. Home made croutons and caesar dressing with a bit of freshly ground black pepper to my liking. Then came the decadant crab mac and cheese. It was loaded with lump crab meat, not the pickings you might normally find in a dish like this. It was cheesy and delicious and not fishy at all like I sometimes find with seafood mac and cheese. Both the salad and the side combined made a very filling meal indeed and I was glad not to have ordered anything else. Its definitely worth a visit just for these items and the great service you will undoubtedly recieve. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Don Shula's restaurant is placed in the Hyatt Hotel downtown Houston. I probably have eaten around 100 times on this restaurant. Think I have tasted everything on the menu. A good tips; stay on stakes. The meat ...mmm...excellent. The rest has not the same high end as the meat. My favorite is Kansas steak. I love the restaurant.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Attentive, friendly service. Top notch omelette station plus other standard hot and cold buffet items. The restuarant itself is pretty cool with 1970's era Miami Dolphins photos and other memorabilia.