“Would come back to Houston just for this!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kata Robata

Kata Robata
Ranked #56 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Would come back to Houston just for this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I recently visited this place with my cousin and brother after the Rocket's loss to the Clippers and this place made me forget about the game! We had the lobster mac and cheese, the waygu beef cubes, salmon sashimi, raman and the duck soba. Everything was amazing and absolutely perfect. Can't wait to go back!!

Houston, Texas
“Best Sushi in Houston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been a fan of executive chef Horiuchi for more than a decade and I followed him to Kata Robata. Kata Robata offers a chance at a classic Japanese Sushi/Sashimi experience and/or modern takes on classics. I go pure old school and there is simply no finer place for perfectly cut high quality fish. Hori tracks down the best fish and the distributors are aware of his exacting standards. There are always new and interesting specials on the menu which changes daily. Place yourself in Hori's hands and you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank MarkkD
Houston, Texas
“Best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food is amazing. I consider this Japanese with 'some fusion'. It is based on great traditional items with a lot to discover with new styles and outside influence.
Busy most of the time, of course.

1 Thank Abel470
Katy, Texas
“Excellent - superb sushi / sashimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Kata Robata between Christmas and New Year. I had been there before for lunch and wanted to treat my family to some good sushi / sashimi.

We had a great meal. The service was excellent - a great blend of professionalism and laid-back. The food was the star however. Just everything was great - but the Chef's choice sashimi was the highlight for us. Even the cooked prawn heads! For my daughter the deconstructed strawberry shortcake dessert was a huge hit.

Highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner. It is slightly more expensive at night, but well worth it. The best Japanese food we have had in the US.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank GightRunner
Austin, Texas
“Best omakase in Houston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I reserved the sushi counter for 2 people (date) in front of Chef Hori. His full name has a ring to it: Manabu Horiuchi- and he is one of Houston's young star chefs. This was an outstanding high-end experience! We did this many times in the past- and the Omakase is always different, always outstandingly fresh and memorable. I won't bore you with too many verbal details but pls check out the photos I will upload after I submit this 5 star review. Enjoy- make sure you reserve, as the wait can get quite long for the walk-ins.

3 Thank mikichan