“Comfortable, clean and near Hobby airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #217 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Beaumont, Texas
“Comfortable, clean and near Hobby airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have stayed here several times since it is near Hobby airport and that helps with early morning flights. The beds are comfortable and the room is quiet and clean. There is self parking. The is also a small breakfast bar.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Harlingen, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Due to a mechanical issue, the first part of my flight go delayed for several hours. This resulted in a missed connection flight in Houston, TX to my final destination. As a result, the airline pay for my hotel stay at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport. I usually travel with my husband but this time I was traveling alone. At first, I felt a little worry about staying alone in a city I know very little about but as soon I arrived to the hotel I felt safe. The hotel is located near the airport, offers shuttle service to/from the airport, has a cozy restaurant and bar and very comfortable beds. From the shuttle drivers, front desk clerk and restaurant staff....all were very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FP_HOU_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Unfortunately the occasional airplane malfunction does bring new guests to our door from time to time. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. After a day of airport misdirection and cancellations, our restaurant and bar are definitely welcomed amenities by most travelers. As you noticed, we serve breakfast, dinner and operate a full service bar. I have shared your thanks with the team and we look forward to your future "intentional" visit.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Cedric and Matt took care of me where other hotels had failed. By the time I arrived at this hotel, I had been to two others in the area. Both of which would only offer me a business suit costing 200+ for a night. Cedric found me an amazing room immediately for much cheaper. Cedric seemed to know the answer to every question I had about the hotel. He was exceptionally well-trained and took his job seriously. Matt helped me arrange a shuttle to the airport with zero hassle. He asked me two questions "Where may we take you?" and "At what time would you avail yourself of the shuttle?" Incredibly professional.

My favorite part of this trip, however, was a man named Raymond. I think he was a maintenance worker. I accidentally went to a hotel next door, which was undergoing construction. I had parked my car there, and I was lost and confused. He let me know that I was in the wrong place, and that soon the construction people would block my car. I would have been trapped if I stayed there. He showed me where the Four Points was located. He potentially saved me a major hassle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Michael V,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It’s our pleasure to provide you with great service to make your stay easy and comfortable, and we will congratulate Cedric, Matt, and Raymond for making your stay memorable. Thank you again for sharing with us, and we hope to see you again soon. All the best.
Sterling, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

During my recent three week stay for business, I am fortunate enough to have had my first Four Points by Sheraton experience at this hotel, from day one, with Allen's courteous, professional, and timely check-in.
I enjoyed the cozy atmosphere of the lounge, and good to excellent restaurant downstairs. I enjoyed each of Chefs Mark and William's dinner entrees, and creative meals.
My room was clean, bed comfortable, I am glad to have joined the Rewards Program. I look forward to staying here again when I return on business.

Room Tip: Booking In advance,careful selection of room preferences, beds, a Suite perhaps, makes all the diffe...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FP_HOU_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our associates were helpful to you. I have shared your comments with the team and we look forward to your next visit.
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is my first stay at a Sheraton Brand hotel. I recently joined the starwood rewards program and was excited about a promotion being offered...I am a platinum member under two programs and thought I'd start building a profile under a new brand....not certain I made the right choice.

My room is in the middle of the hall....I can hear the freeway traffic.

Room needs renovating, with the Fairfield hotel soon to be next door, if they don't renovate soon, Marriott will overcome them with their dust.

Flawed, inconvenient check-in system. Unless you make your reservation online, it appears as though the front desk staff have NO ACCESS to rates published on the starwood site! You have to book online or hope the phone reservationist can access it. This is unacceptable and not exactly what I call GUEST SERVICE. Other brands have access to any rate on published on their websites and sometimes even better (depending how good management is feeling that day:),,,not so hear. So a fair rate on their site and ended up on the computer and phone having to book it while standing in the lobby because the front desk attendant had no knowledge or access. RIDICULOUS!!

I think and HOPE this is what's considered the bottom of the barrel for Sheraton properties and look forward to another stay at one of their other locations....stay tuned

10p.m....upside,bed comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We consider it to be an essential part of our success plan. We take your concerns seriously and I will make sure that we address the items that you mention. Please accept my apologies for your experience and I hope you will visit us again very soon. As you also mentioned, we are happy that we get a lot of comments about the comfort of our beds.
Schenectady
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

At least twice a year I stay at a Four Points near Niagara Falls and another on in London, Ontario. They are very nice, spotlessly clean hotels that I have given five-star ratings to and always return to every time I make the trip to Canada. So when I flew into Houston Hobby the night before a cruise I picked this hotel because I expected it to match the other two. Maybe this hotel is a lot older or maybe the need to please just isn't there because they don't get a lot of repeat customers.

Dinner in the dining room was excellent. The food was delicious and the service was over the top. No complaints there.

The man who drove the shuttle from the airport to the hotel was personable and professional. No complaints there.

But the pool could really have used some attention. The tiles around the top of the inside of the pool were covered in mold or mildew. It could be scraped off with just one sweep of a finger, so I know this was not something that was difficult to remove. We could hardly see the color of the tiles because of the mold. Also, there was only one clean towel at the pool. Shouldn't someone be checking that from time to time, especially in the late afternoon when most guests would be using the pool? My family and I were the only ones using the pool and there were no dirty towels in the hamper so someone is emptying the hamper but not replacing the towels.

The carpeting in the hallways needed a good vacuum cleaning. Not so much the center of the hallway, but the edge of the carpeting where the floor meets the wall, where a lot of vacuum cleaners can't get close enough to the wall to get the edge. That's what the hand tools that come with the cleaner are for. That's where the head of housekeeping should be following up to make sure the staff is doing their job.

There were a few small issues in the room. A broken curtain rod and a bedside lamp that was missing the on/off switch. In my opinion this comes down to housekeeping not communicating with maintenance. How could you clean a room every day and not mention these things to maintenance, or at least to your supervisor who, in turn, would then tell maintenance?

My daughter went downstairs just as breakfast ended. Too late. But there was no coffee in the dining area, not even a bowl of fruit. I guess we've been spoiled by hotels that always have coffee and tea available on the ground floor. There is no place to eat within walking distance of this hotel so we had to wait for breakfast until we got back to the airport.

The woman who drove the van from the hotel to the airport in the morning was doing us a favor. Didn't want to handle our luggage because she was concerned about breaking a nail. We figured either she was having a bad day or she was in the wrong job. Not exactly a people person.

I'm giving this hotel a three-star rating for it's close proximity to the airport; the evening restaurant/bar food/wine and service; and because or room was relatively clean. It was just the hallways and pool that needed cleaning attention. Will I stay here again the next time I'm flying into Houston and cruising out of Galveston? Perhaps. After all, the place has no listings on the Bed Bug Registry (a real plus in the Houston area). I'll just know not to expect the Four Points hotel that I'm used to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dinner experience in our restaurant. The quality of our food is definitely comparable, if not superior to even the larger hotels in our area. The cleanliness of our rooms is also a popular comment from our guest. Rest assured that your comment about the pool has been addressed. We must admit that an outdoor pool is a bit of a challenge when it comes to handling the effects of the weather. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our flight was delayed and we missed our connection out of Houston so the airline gave us a voucher for the Sheraton Four Points. We were not pleased, we had no idea what to expect from a "voucher hotel". When we arrived at the Hobby airport, we called them so the shuttle could pick us up. Their shuttle was full and left, but quickly after, Matthew (I think he was a manager) showed up in a van to pick up the rest of us. It was really late, we were really tired and he had our room ready and honored our voucher with ease. We were only there for 4 hours (early flight out) but it was clean, quiet and the staff were friendly. Thanks to Matthew, our trip was saved!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear TimandSamC,
We are glad to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are happy to provide you with great service, and we will celebrate with Matthew on his outstanding service. We hope that you will decide to stay with us for a longer trip in the future so that you can experience more of our hotel. All the best.