“Awesome Short Stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #246 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Close to the airport. Very nice and friendly staff. Rooms are great and comfortable. I was there for only one night. Even though I was there extremely early they reduced the early checkin fee for me. Rooms were quiet, clean and very relaxing. Breakfast was fast and tasty. Love the cozy lobby area and bar. Wish they were open for lunch as well. Pefect location for a short stay by the airport. The complimentary shuttle is a great service. They even took me locally to get someting to eat because I didn't have a car. A great bunch of folks. Southern hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Keyna W
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Keyna W:

Thank you for acknowledging our hard work! We try to provide our guests with the best in southern hospitality during their respective stays. Our breakfast is tasty and I am glad you enjoyed it. For all travelers without transportation, we provide shuttles nightly to local restaurants and even provide recommendations.

Our goal is for you to enjoy your trip and forget all your worries regarding logistics. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Overall, Its a cosy hotel and an excellent stay. The service staff were all very good and accommodating. Once again, Sheraton has delivered. Don't expect swimming pools and all. If you're here for business or a stay-over, this is a great place. The front desk has great recommendations for food and they are good! I took about 20 mins to drive down to OTC. Annie and Kim was really friendly and went all out to help in any way they could. There was also a shuttle bus to OTC every other hour.

The hotel is relatively near the city. It would take about 20 mins drive to get there. Apart from that, it is near tanger factory outlets and some really good crawfish ( if its in season) and mexican food. I had a portion of crawfish at Dickinson Seafood and that was way better than Papadeux seafood. The hotel is relativly near to the NASA space center. ( 15 mins drive)

Wifi is free and the bar is well stocked. Romms are adequately large and beds are comfrtableeeeeee! I would totally do this place again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hi ilikechilli:

Thank you very much for the kind words! OTC is definitely a busy time and we are glad that we made your experience unique and satisfying. Kim and Annie were excited to hear about your feedback.

Our location is very convenient and easily accessible from Interstate 45. We hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels home.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

On our way to Houston we found this property and decided to stay, once the reservations were made we received an email saying "upgrade to a king suite for $10.00 a night". Since we could only book a double we decided to try this and once we got to the hotel the lady at the front desk told us that they did not have a king room for us but she assured me multiple times that we would have one the next day. The next morning I go down to the front desk before we left for the day and asked if our luggage could be moved and I was told that even though we paid for the upgrade it wasn't available, how is this? After about 10 minutes I got frustrated and walked away with two mornings of free breakfast. I am sure you are thinking well that's a compromise.....Well you've never had breakfast at the Four points Hobby. The first morning was alright, the second morning the guy serving us didn't want to put down his cell phone long enough to help us. Then op top of all of this he felt he could talk about us in Spanish not knowing that my girlfriend is fluent in Spanish........Not a good way to treat your customers. It was clear he was unhappy he had to serve us, he openly said on his cell that he wasn't going to be able to leave early because he had guests to serve, really? What really was irritating was that the manager refused to get in touch with us, how can you be satisfied with this type of service?

Room Tip: Don't stay or eat here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave C

Hello Dcaillier:

I am very sorry for the issues encountered with the property. Based on our star rating, we strive to remain one of the best in Houston. In your situation, that was not the case. Regarding the upgrade, the promotion is sent 24 hours ahead of time to accommodate the change. As this was the same day, the promotion was not transferred to the system. We would have been glad to provide the complimentary upgrade as well, however due to the demand of the Offshore Technology Conference, we were unable to.

Regarding the breakfast experience, I am truly sorry. I have spoken to the server and advised on your comments. Action was taken on the hotel side as we take these issues seriously. Please be advised that we do not expect to see this again.

I understand the explanation did not help your stay, but I will be glad to speak with you directly as needed.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Close to airport..... it was clean and the beds were comfortable. Lobby area is very small but we were only there for one night before catching an early morning flight. Coffee would be nice 24/7 since it is so near an airport and early flights do not allow you to take advantage of the breakfast which begins serving at 6.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear peakuhB00,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We do offer coffee in the lobby for free daily, and hope you were able to grab a cup before you left for your early flight. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you happen to be in Houston near Hobby Airport and it happens to be in the heat of the summer, here is your oasis. You stumble in, are quickly handed your room key, find your room in this not overly large hotel, and ahhhhhh, there's the bed, all plump and fluffy and high quality. Close the curtains, sink your head into the lovely pillows, and catch some zzz's before you realize you must get back up and face the world again for your suppertime appointments. Very comfortable bed and bedding makes this hotel an A+ in my book.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear highdesert95,
We thoroughly enjoyed reading you review and want to thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear how easy and convenient you found our location, but more importantly, how much you enjoyed our comfortable beds. At Four Points, we want all of our guests to leave feeling well rested and ready to take on the day - so we're glad to hear this was the case during you stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical business hotel. By being 10 min. from the airport puts you away
from the usual airport noise which can be a big plus for a one night layover. It offers an airport shuttle that you do need to call before you arrive. It has a bar and mini-restaurant with friendly helpful staff. it has one drawback;there are no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear 505Taste,
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle, as well as the room accommodations and friendly staff. We are disappointed however to hear you were not satisfied with our proximity to restaurants within walking distance and understand how this could have been frustrating. We do offer a shuttle service to local area attractions and restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel from 6 PM to 10 PM. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit and you can use shuttle service to dine out or get around the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I enjoyed staying here during my visit to Houston, rooms were clean and neat. I got a room with view to freeway. I only had problems with the location, first time I missed the entrance then I had to take round and have to come back again, then I was having difficulty in finding a good place to eat nearby. I don't have any issues regarding my stay in the hotel, staff were friendly. parking was free and I found place to park my car even at late night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacob J

Dear Jacob J,
Thank you for providing your positive comments on our hotel and your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you found both your guest room, and our staff to be very accommodating. we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!