“Be careful when booking here”

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #226 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Miami, Florida
“Be careful when booking here”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

On our way to Houston we found this property and decided to stay, once the reservations were made we received an email saying "upgrade to a king suite for $10.00 a night". Since we could only book a double we decided to try this and once we got to the hotel the lady at the front desk told us that they did not have a king room for us but she assured me multiple times that we would have one the next day. The next morning I go down to the front desk before we left for the day and asked if our luggage could be moved and I was told that even though we paid for the upgrade it wasn't available, how is this? After about 10 minutes I got frustrated and walked away with two mornings of free breakfast. I am sure you are thinking well that's a compromise.....Well you've never had breakfast at the Four points Hobby. The first morning was alright, the second morning the guy serving us didn't want to put down his cell phone long enough to help us. Then op top of all of this he felt he could talk about us in Spanish not knowing that my girlfriend is fluent in Spanish........Not a good way to treat your customers. It was clear he was unhappy he had to serve us, he openly said on his cell that he wasn't going to be able to leave early because he had guests to serve, really? What really was irritating was that the manager refused to get in touch with us, how can you be satisfied with this type of service?

Room Tip: Don't stay or eat here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave C
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello Dcaillier:

I am very sorry for the issues encountered with the property. Based on our star rating, we strive to remain one of the best in Houston. In your situation, that was not the case. Regarding the upgrade, the promotion is sent 24 hours ahead of time to accommodate the change. As this was the same day, the promotion was not transferred to the system. We would have been glad to provide the complimentary upgrade as well, however due to the demand of the Offshore Technology Conference, we were unable to.

Regarding the breakfast experience, I am truly sorry. I have spoken to the server and advised on your comments. Action was taken on the hotel side as we take these issues seriously. Please be advised that we do not expect to see this again.

I understand the explanation did not help your stay, but I will be glad to speak with you directly as needed.

Best,

Rachel Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
peakuhb00
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Close to airport..... it was clean and the beds were comfortable. Lobby area is very small but we were only there for one night before catching an early morning flight. Coffee would be nice 24/7 since it is so near an airport and early flights do not allow you to take advantage of the breakfast which begins serving at 6.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear peakuhB00,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We do offer coffee in the lobby for free daily, and hope you were able to grab a cup before you left for your early flight. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.
albuquerque nm
Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you happen to be in Houston near Hobby Airport and it happens to be in the heat of the summer, here is your oasis. You stumble in, are quickly handed your room key, find your room in this not overly large hotel, and ahhhhhh, there's the bed, all plump and fluffy and high quality. Close the curtains, sink your head into the lovely pillows, and catch some zzz's before you realize you must get back up and face the world again for your suppertime appointments. Very comfortable bed and bedding makes this hotel an A+ in my book.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear highdesert95,
We thoroughly enjoyed reading you review and want to thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear how easy and convenient you found our location, but more importantly, how much you enjoyed our comfortable beds. At Four Points, we want all of our guests to leave feeling well rested and ready to take on the day - so we're glad to hear this was the case during you stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical business hotel. By being 10 min. from the airport puts you away
from the usual airport noise which can be a big plus for a one night layover. It offers an airport shuttle that you do need to call before you arrive. It has a bar and mini-restaurant with friendly helpful staff. it has one drawback;there are no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear 505Taste,
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle, as well as the room accommodations and friendly staff. We are disappointed however to hear you were not satisfied with our proximity to restaurants within walking distance and understand how this could have been frustrating. We do offer a shuttle service to local area attractions and restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel from 6 PM to 10 PM. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit and you can use shuttle service to dine out or get around the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I enjoyed staying here during my visit to Houston, rooms were clean and neat. I got a room with view to freeway. I only had problems with the location, first time I missed the entrance then I had to take round and have to come back again, then I was having difficulty in finding a good place to eat nearby. I don't have any issues regarding my stay in the hotel, staff were friendly. parking was free and I found place to park my car even at late night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacob J
Dear Jacob J,
Thank you for providing your positive comments on our hotel and your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you found both your guest room, and our staff to be very accommodating. we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Virginia Beach VA
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is my second stay at this property, both for business. My first visit involved a Meet and Greet reception with a small cocktail party and interviews following the second day. The staff was very accommodating and was extremely friendly and helpful.

I am back this week with a team of >30 for a two day training. Again the service and staff are wonderful. They are very hands on, and willing to do whatever is needed.

The rooms are comfortable with those heavenly beds that all Starwood Preferred Hotels have. The sheets and pillows are very nice, and the room is very updated. Bathrooms are modern with nice toiletries including mouthwash and nail files. It is clean, quiet and all in all, a pleasant experience.

The least desirable of the visit is the food service. They are a small group, with a well appointed bar (including Grey Goose) and a sole bartender. The food has a limited menu, very slow service, especially when you are trying to make a meeting or flight. It is just OK, a bit pricey, but again hard working friendly folks ready to please.

I would recommend this property if you wish to have a close proximity to the airport. I would love for this group to be recognized for their outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear debbiesky,

We truly appreciate all of your positive comments about our hotel and your experiences. We are thrilled to hear how accommodating our hotel is for your group visits, and how friendly and helpful you found our staff to be. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms so much as our main goal at Four Points is to make you feel comfortable at home. . I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel team as well.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for a week while working on a project in this Southeast part of town. Yes, the surrounding area is not the greatest -- but I never felt threatened like the reviewer below me. And I found myself walking to and from my car VERY LATE virtually every night.

The rooms were cheerful and tastefully decorated and the bath was very nice. I never ate in the restaurant, as my client took me to some of Houston's best restaurants each evening. There was a refrigerator, which I used for breakfast items. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I only have one complaint. I'm somewhat light sensitive, and the drapes let too much outside light to leak around the edges, so I didn't sleep too well. Each guest may react differently to this, but I'd have to say that the average chain room is darker when curtains are drawn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi Rudolph_Wurlitzer:

Thank you very much for the kind words and star rating. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable throughout. We are a very busy property and safety is always our concern. We do have security each night as well. You definitely missed out on trying some of our famous dishes.

We do have the ability to adjust the shades as needed.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best,