Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #224 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical business hotel. By being 10 min. from the airport puts you away
from the usual airport noise which can be a big plus for a one night layover. It offers an airport shuttle that you do need to call before you arrive. It has a bar and mini-restaurant with friendly helpful staff. it has one drawback;there are no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear 505Taste,
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle, as well as the room accommodations and friendly staff. We are disappointed however to hear you were not satisfied with our proximity to restaurants within walking distance and understand how this could have been frustrating. We do offer a shuttle service to local area attractions and restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel from 6 PM to 10 PM. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit and you can use shuttle service to dine out or get around the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I enjoyed staying here during my visit to Houston, rooms were clean and neat. I got a room with view to freeway. I only had problems with the location, first time I missed the entrance then I had to take round and have to come back again, then I was having difficulty in finding a good place to eat nearby. I don't have any issues regarding my stay in the hotel, staff were friendly. parking was free and I found place to park my car even at late night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacob J

Dear Jacob J,
Thank you for providing your positive comments on our hotel and your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you found both your guest room, and our staff to be very accommodating. we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is my second stay at this property, both for business. My first visit involved a Meet and Greet reception with a small cocktail party and interviews following the second day. The staff was very accommodating and was extremely friendly and helpful.

I am back this week with a team of >30 for a two day training. Again the service and staff are wonderful. They are very hands on, and willing to do whatever is needed.

The rooms are comfortable with those heavenly beds that all Starwood Preferred Hotels have. The sheets and pillows are very nice, and the room is very updated. Bathrooms are modern with nice toiletries including mouthwash and nail files. It is clean, quiet and all in all, a pleasant experience.

The least desirable of the visit is the food service. They are a small group, with a well appointed bar (including Grey Goose) and a sole bartender. The food has a limited menu, very slow service, especially when you are trying to make a meeting or flight. It is just OK, a bit pricey, but again hard working friendly folks ready to please.

I would recommend this property if you wish to have a close proximity to the airport. I would love for this group to be recognized for their outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear debbiesky,

We truly appreciate all of your positive comments about our hotel and your experiences. We are thrilled to hear how accommodating our hotel is for your group visits, and how friendly and helpful you found our staff to be. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms so much as our main goal at Four Points is to make you feel comfortable at home. . I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel team as well.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for a week while working on a project in this Southeast part of town. Yes, the surrounding area is not the greatest -- but I never felt threatened like the reviewer below me. And I found myself walking to and from my car VERY LATE virtually every night.

The rooms were cheerful and tastefully decorated and the bath was very nice. I never ate in the restaurant, as my client took me to some of Houston's best restaurants each evening. There was a refrigerator, which I used for breakfast items. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I only have one complaint. I'm somewhat light sensitive, and the drapes let too much outside light to leak around the edges, so I didn't sleep too well. Each guest may react differently to this, but I'd have to say that the average chain room is darker when curtains are drawn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hi Rudolph_Wurlitzer:

Thank you very much for the kind words and star rating. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable throughout. We are a very busy property and safety is always our concern. We do have security each night as well. You definitely missed out on trying some of our famous dishes.

We do have the ability to adjust the shades as needed.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best,

Rachel Miller

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'll start with the positives - clean, big rooms, big baths, nicely appointed. But it all doesn't matter if you feel totally threatened. Thank goodness I was there with my younger colleague - I would never, ever reccomend a woman stay at this hotel alone. The neighborhood is just nasty.
When we were checking in, some man with no hotel badge or clothing, just meandered up next to the clerk - he could fully see her screen and what room she was assigning me. He also looked down at my colleagues key pocket, but I covered it with my hand. He walked away, and i asked to have us both reassigned rooms. Have no idea who he was or why she allowed him next to her.
No where to go to eat (we felt scared just going from our car to the hotel). The hotel does have a very, very average restaurant, but at least we could get some dinner. Just after we sat down, a HUGE throng of not the best looking people came through - apparantly there was some radio station song rating event going on. There was not enough room in the lobby, so they all ended up in the restaurant, sitting nearly in our laps, oggling my colleague as we tried to eat. It was horrendous. Then we had to force our way through the crowd to the elevator. I was so nervous all evening - making sure doors were locked and no one was in the hallways. It was a total nightmare. Will think long and hard about ever using a Four Points again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pbgvluv
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

pbgvluv,

First of all, thank you for your honest feedback about how clean and large the rooms in our brand new hotel are, we take great pride in making sure that the hotel's appearance is welcoming and that our guests can feel at home when they visit.

I am very sorry that you did not feel safe in our brand new hotel, that is surprising because we take safety and security very serious, and have staff on-site to assist our guests 24 hours a day.

I apologize that you felt uncomfortable at checkin, the gentleman who you saw was one of our employees who stopped by to pick up his uniform that had been dry cleaned. He should not have been behind the desk, and we have addressed this matter with him.

I am sorry that you felt there was nowhere to eat near the hotel, but if you stay with us in the future there are several restaurants within a five mile radius that our hotel offers a free shuttle to.

We appreciate all of the guests who stay in our hotel and we are very sorry that you did not find some of the other guests that were staying with us very appealing.

I will pass all of your concerns onto the staff, and hope that in the future you will give our hotel another try.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is new, and where most of the hotels in the area around Hobby are fairly run down, Four Points is a great place to spend the night before catching an early flight. The staff is excellent and the airport shuttle is fairly reliable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Carriep75,

Thank you for your kind words. We know there are several hotel choices in the area, and we are glad that you chose to stay with us. Our staff strives to make every guest's stay enjoyable, and we are glad that you noticed.

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with transportation to the Hobby airport for your flight!

We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We attended an event that was located in the South Houston area and needed to be close by so the choice of the Four Points Hobby Airport was a good one.

The property is well maintained and the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and in good condition with decent amenities. We stayed in a one-bed suite which was very spacious.

Yes this is right by a busy freeway but so are a bunch of other hotels too and to be honest it didn't bother us (we were tired after long days!).

This is a good choice if you need to stay in this are.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

johngie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel! I know there are a lot of choices in the area, and we are glad you gave us a chance.

We are glad that you found your stay enjoyable. Our staff does their best to make every guest feel welcome, and also help in any way we can.

I am glad that your family enjoyed their spacious one-bed suite, and got a good rest after such long days.

Hope that you will stay with us in the future!