“Very good service and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Annie

Cafe Annie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Annie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #290 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Southwestern, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Ambassador Way
Description: Cafe Annie is the flagship restaurant of the James Beard award-winning Chef Robert Del Grande. We offer the best in Texas Cuisine, an extensive wine list and cocktail menu.
Mannheim
“Very good service and good food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

On business in Houston and spending the evening alone. I decided to skip the sports bar and go to a nice "and casual" restaurant. In retrospect, I would not call this restaurant casual. It is hip, modern, trendy... A good location for a business dinner. I sat outside on the balcony / Patio / Lounge. The restaurant was full but the balcony was relatively empty, which suited me being alone. The service was surprisingly very attentive and knowledgeable. I started off with a gladd of champagne, then had the Texas Quail with bacon which was well served in a dark spicy sauce. I was a bit disappointed by the cheese selection (mostly American and English), but that is a matter of taste. Then had the Alaskan halibut, which was very good. It was served with cashew sauce and hot peppers. The peppers were unfortunately too spicy for the wine and did not quite harmonize. For desert I opted for the cheese cake with a glass of sauterne. The cheese cake was very tasty but perhaps a tad too dry. Nonetheless it was a good choice and the wine was also good. Overall a nice dining experience but it was not exactly cheap.

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Great resto to seal a deal!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very upscale and formal. Good for business meetings and to take your client for a good dinner. The service is good. They are very attentive and constantly asks if everything is ok. The wild mushroom soup was very good and the BBQ crab saladwith jicama was excellent. The ribeye has some sweetness on it and I'm not a fan of sugary steaks. But it was very tender and cooked to my liking. The chocolate cake with candied orange is just to die for.

Visited July 2013
Houston,Texas
“RDG, tastefully brilliant for Houston Restaurant Week”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I looked at the menu RDG posted for Houston Restaurant Week and I thought the menu was creative and we wanted to experience the creativity. Our first course was gulf shrimp & watermelon salad with red thai curry dressing, corriander seeds, basil & mint. The shrimp and watermelon salad was a nice change from the standard "lettuce salad" as the red thai curry dressing gave the shrimp a lot of nice heat and the watermelon cooled the heat. We had the seared sea scallops with gulf shrimp and green chile risoto for the entree. This dish was plated beautifully and the green chiles gave the dish a nice finish. Dessert was a nice tasty small pecan pie with a dallop of butter pecan ice cream. The wait staff was very good. The atmosphere was very relaxed. The overall meal was a 96 out of a 100. Great job Chef Del Grande !

• Visited August 2013
Houston, TX
“Very good food, great location near Galleria, a little pricey”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our group of 6 people was seated promptly upon arriving for our reservation. We had to snake our way through the packed bar that was full of people there for a private party. Fortunately, our table was shielded from the noise in the bar. Our service was very slow for the first 20 minutes or so. However, I give them a pass on this due to the large party in the front of the restaurant. It seemed that once the bar cleared out our server was able to pick it up. The service throughout the rest of the evening was excellent. I had enchiladas with filet. The enchiladas were very tasty and the filet was cooked to a perfect medium rare. All in all, the evening started out a bit shaky, but they pulled it off.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Fine food-cool menu”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The food here is always really good and the service attentive and professional. Cool atmosphere too. I felt compelled to write a review when I saw this restaurant was rated #300+ in Houston. It would be in any real "Foody's" list of top 5 restaurants in Houston for fine dining.
My own personal list of top 5 would also include D'Amarco, Marks, Brasserie 19 and Tony's.

Visited August 2013