“Excellent Food served by an Attentive staff (two very recent visits)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Annie

Cafe Annie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Annie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Southwestern, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Ambassador Way
Description: Cafe Annie is the flagship restaurant of the James Beard award-winning Chef Robert Del Grande. We offer the best in Texas Cuisine, an extensive wine list and cocktail menu.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent Food served by an Attentive staff (two very recent visits)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

RDG was recommended by an old fishing buddy. My wife and I arranged to meet some good friends for dinner, just for-the-heck-of-it mid-week. Our dining mates, coming from down south, had hit some traffic and were running late. The Bar Annie side of the restaurant has an attractive outside seating area on the 2nd floor balcony where we sat at a quiet table, had a bottle of Far Niente chardonnay, and people watched while we waited. The staff handled our delay with aplomb and put us under no pressure to take our table. When our friends arrived, we were seated at a well situated table with a pleasant view from their cozy dining room.

We were assigned a team of waiters that were always close without being too obtrusive. We started off the meal with a crabmeat nacho tower appetizer. It was a tasty pile of avocado, slaw, and fresh crabmeat with MMM sauce and freshly fried nacho chips on the side. It was excellent. Order one, you won’t be disappointed. I generally don’t like a tomato sauce / seafood combination (one exception is Shrimp Creole), I asked our waiter what else they could do with their Gulf Snapper with Veracruz sauce. He offered to have the chef broil the Snapper and serve it with lemon butter sauce, topped with lump meat. Man, I almost licked the plate. I didn’t leave anything behind. The red snapper was local, fresh and perfectly cooked. This was my wife’s first meeting with celery root puree (a family sized side dish). It won’t be her last. We all enjoyed it.

2nd trip – I met a business associate from New Orleans in the bar. What an interesting crowd. After Happy Hour we sat down for another fabulous meal. I had to have the crabmeat nacho tower again. And again it was wonderful. I selected the nightly special of fresh broiled Cobia (also known as Lemon fish or Ling) topped with grilled jumbo shrimp and served with an unusual but very tasty sweet pea, cilantro, chili sauce for my entree. It was fabulous; I used all of my crusty bread to sop up what little sauce remained. RDG is one of the best restaurants that I have dined at in Houston.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Afternoon Margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Two great things about this restaurant is the view from the balcony and the crab and avacado nachos! These were delicious! The margarita's were ok. I was quite surprised for such a nice restaurant that the drinks weren't very good! If they worked on the margaritas, it would have been excellent!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great Service and very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

From the valet and hostess to the Sommelier and waiter they have great service. Great atmosphere in the restaurant. Very large wine list with a great selection of inexpensive and expensive wines from all over the globe. We had the Ahi Tuna Sashimi and crab cakes for starters, excellent. We followed that with the Filet Mignon and the pork loin special again very good and cooked to perfection. The wine was a moderately price Barolo that was recommended. Desert was a share of sour cream cake with raspberries, delicious. Would go again!

Houston, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Southwest Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been here twice plus one time back when it was Café Annie. I am convinced that everything on the menu is delicious. If you want innovative southwest cuisine, this is the place to go. This is a very nice restaurant and they welcome well behaved kids as well.

• Visited February 2013
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“Great food, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had dinner this time, previously been for lunch, both times really enjoyed the food. Service very American (they just say the same things to every guest), but ok and efficient. Would go there again and also recommend.

Visited March 2013