“The restaurant paid for our entire meal because the guest were so obnoxious.”
Review of Cafe Annie

Cafe Annie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Annie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #276 of 8,690 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Ambassador Way
Description: Cafe Annie is the flagship restaurant of the James Beard award-winning Chef Robert Del Grande. We offer the best in Texas Cuisine, an extensive wine list and cocktail menu.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My date and I decided to have a nice dinner at RDG. While were in the middle of our 2nd course an obnoxious guest came up to our table in a WAITERS vest and TRAY asking us if we were on a date how we were doing and would we like a drink all while his friend VIDEOED it!! I couldn't believe how rude he was and why in the hell the waiter would give him a jacket and tray to pull off this immature scheme. Anyway, RDG paid for our dinner, thankfully. The food wasnt that great anyway major disappointment. I felt bad for the rest of the staff as the were very apologetic. Sorry to say it'll be awhile before we return.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Grew up in Houston, but hadn't been back in 10 years. Going to all the usual haunts but wanted something newer in the Houston restaurant scene. A few recommendations were given to come to RDG. Did not disappoint. Service was good, but not top notch as would be expected from a professional waitstaff. That said, the management and staff took care of us as if we were one on the biggest VIPs in the house. Very attentive. Food exceeded my expectation. Coffee rubbed filet was perfectly done. And the wine list rivaled any I have seen in some of the finest restaurants I have been to across the country. Definitely go at sunset to get the best ambiance.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We held a holiday dinner for 16 in December, and I attended another similar gathering there in April. For the holiday event, the staff made room for us in a semi-private area, even though all the private rooms were booked, and provided excellent service, recommendations for appetizers and wine. The same experience repeated in April at a similar event, with the bonus of the owner/chef making an appearance and preparing an off the menu fish dish that was amazing. The staff seems to really strive to make these special occasion events just that, though don't overlook it for a casual dinner or drinks!

1  Thank letsgo087
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had a wonderful lunch experience on their outdoor patio that felt like we were eating in a tree house. Food was filling and delicious and the service friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend this outdoor experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had excellent food. Ordered a dish collegue had seen featured on Food Network as "the best food I ever ate". It was not on the menu, and turned out to be excellent, but pricey. Waiter recommended an appetizer, also not on the menu, which was overpriced. But shame on us for not asking. Overall the food was great. The decor is beautiful, seems like the kind of place people could come to "see and be seen".