“Welcome back to Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase
Ranked #199 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Wasilla, Alaska
“Welcome back to Holiday Inn”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was my first stay at a new Holiday Inn in years. This compares very nicely with any upper tier business travel hotel. They have quality decor and furnishings, it's very well maintained, and has an acceptable restaurant. The location has pretty good access off the frontage road, but there's only a Cheddar's adjacent to walk to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Corpus Christi
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed there on business April 25-28, 2012. Cheddars next door which is convienient. One of the nicest and upscale Holiday-Inns I've stayed at. The beds were great! The shuttle driver, Hazel drove us around the Westheimer area to find places to eat. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff M
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you! We look forward to serving you again.
Beijing, China
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Hotel is clean, new. It smells great everyday when I get back to my room! The front desk staff are extremely friendly and courtsey. I also find the restaurant staff are equally passionate about their job, making my dining experience there a pleasant one. Needless to say, its location is very conveniently close to Sam Houston PWY and Westpark Toll road. Highliy recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank david z
WOW! Thank you for your comments.
Irving Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had business in Sugar Land, TX but everything nearby was booked. So, I utilized my priority rewards points and booked this hotel (10 minutes away) for two nights. It's about a year old so everthing was like new. I would consider this hotel an upscale Holiday Inn when comparing to others. My wife and five year old son accompanied me. They were also impressed. The beds were comfortable and pillows just right. The room was exceptionally clean and quiet. It still smelled new. The wall mounted flat screen was clear and variety was good. Free internet worked very well. The room also has a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. All were new appliances and worked very well. My son and I visited the sports bar within the hotel and we were quite pleased with decor and service. Everyone was exceptionally nice and kid friendly. Food and beverage prices were not excessive. I can't comment on the price of the hotel since I utilized my priority reward points but the listed price was expensive.

Room Tip: Sign-up for priority reward membership and use your points. This location was only 15,000 points pe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank icomment4u
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for being a Priority Club Member. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is very good for what it is worth. My party had no problems with check-in at all. They were very nice at the check-in counter, and were very helpful in sending toiletries up when I needed them.

The room itself was comfortable. The beds were pretty good, the TV was good, the shower was good, and I liked the free internet.

It's an awkward location for this hotel, with it in a corner right off the Sam Houston Tollway and the Westpark Tollway, but it works. It's very easy to get on BOTH Tollways to go wherever from the hotel (although for the Westpark Tollway, you'll need what they call an EZ Tag, and to go eastbound, you'll have to drive down Westpark Dr or Harwin Dr to South Gessner and get on there.)

I also liked the fact that the hotel is very quiet. Considering it's flanked by two freeways, that's great. (I was in a room facing away from the freeways.)

I didn't try the restaurant, but it did look busy. May be a good sign.

So, this is a good, cheap hotel for Westchase, and very convenient for what we were doing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jameygamer
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments and thank you for choosing our hotel.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Just needed a place to stay before driving into Galveston for cruise next day. We stayed on the Saturday of spring break week. It is near business park so the hotel was vey quiet and not very busy. We tried the onsite Sporting News Grill for breakfast. Huge mistake. They had one waitress also doubling as hostess. She seemed to be hung over and constantly complaing because they were out of food in the kitchen. There were only 2 other tables and they ending up closing the place because they ran out of food. What the heck?!
The good: rooms are clean, large, modern, and hotel decor appears new or newly remodeled. We located the hotel very easily and slept very well.
The bad: front desk staff was non-existent at check in and check out. Staff at the Sporting News Grill should all be replaced (including the cook who came out to lock the doors and turn off the TV's while there were 6 people trying to make the best out of a toast and cofffe breakfast)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had in our restaurant. This is unacceptable and be assured that the problem will be corrected.
London
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed here on two occasions so far, Oct last year and Feb this year. Both visits were very comfortable. The check in staff are amongst the freindliest that I have ever experienced. The gym is small but fine. On my last visit I arrived on Sunday evening and ate in the Sports Bar. The food was good, had the breaded catfish and fries, and the service prompt. Used the complimentary drinks voucher, that I had been given at check in for a very acceptable Samual Adams. The service at breakfast on both mornings was a little slow, but not unacceptably so. Rooms very comfortable, with no noise from the freeway which is quite close.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DMSBIKER
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! We are working to improve our breakfast service.