“Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #187 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

I'm from the Houston area and I stayed here one night because the A/C in my apartment was broken. I booked the hotel room about 30 minutes before I checked in.

Upon arrival, I was greeted nicely and offered something to drink. I was also offered a wakeup call for the next morning. I was given a free upgrade into a suite. The room was very nice and clean. The hotel was very quiet and I got a very good night's sleep.

The price was very reasonable, compared to other hotels of equal quality in the Houston area.

I have no complaints about this hotel, but I am from the Houston area, so I have different expectations from my hotel stay here. For travelers, the drawback of this hotel would be it is not that close to anything else. It is Houston, so you would have to drive anywhere you would want to go anyway, but as a frequent leisure traveler, I personally would prefer to have at least one attraction within a couple of miles. I would recommend it for Business travelers, as there are lots of restaurants within a couple of miles (Chinatown, Westchase).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Joan L
charliemadden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Joan:
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Houston Westchase and for taking the time to write this review.
Regards,
Charlie Madden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is the first time I've stayed at a Holiday Inn since I had such a problem at the Holiday Inn in Jenks, Oklahoma in a few months. I wrote about that back in June of 2011. Needless to say we almost drove by, boy I'm so glad we stopped in.

So it was late at night and we need a place to crash after long day of driving, after a few second thoughts we pulled in. Right off, the night manager David was a welcome face, so helpful in getting us checked in fast and quick. He even gave us some pointers on local hot spots, places to eat and grab a few drinks. He was over the top helpful! Holiday Inn must take extra efforts to train their staff here as the whole staff was very helpful and friendly. David was awesome!

The hotel is brand new and a fine mix of cozy and high tech furnishing and what seems like larger rooms. A big plus to this Holiday Inn is the new upgraded hotel beds and linens. As a road warriors this location has changed the way I think of Holiday Inn. Not every location is a good as this I'm sure but this type of place makes me want to stay at Holiday Inn's more often.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
charliemadden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Mike:
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. As a new hotel operation that is ramping up (we’ve been open about 100 days), it is great to hear that the efforts of our staff are appreciated.
Thank you for recognizing David Gilligand’s job performance. He is a valued member of our team.
Please consider us again when traveling in the area and let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Regards,