“Group dinner”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,548 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The waitor was very knowledgable and helpful in trying to determine the best appetizer for a group of 6 to share. He also recommended wines based on our personal taste. He was very attentive and when he was busy, there was a second waitor that was very helpful. The meals were great and even when 2 people wanted to share 2 meals, the restaurant split the 2 meals onto the 2 plates, making it perfect.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great food, but a bit expensive. Service by "Malibu" was terrible. May try again , but will ask for anybody but "Malibu". The bar area prior to dinner was exceptional. Not our 1st time at this place, and probably not our last; but the expectations, did not meet our needs. For a better place just a bit further out, try Lynn's Steakhouse on Dairy Ashford for better food and, by far, better service.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Met old friends from UK here for dinner and Birthday celebration! What a fabulous restaurant. Great ambiance , outstanding staff and service and wonderful food! We had a truly memorable evening and would say it was a highlight of our visit to Houston and USA.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had dined at the Eddie V's in Austin and was anxious to try the Houston Kirby location so thought I would splurge for my birthday. We were seated promptly in a nice booth that turned out to be very quiet so we could chat easily. Our waiter, Jesus, was charming, helpful and great at his job. The restaurant gave me a birthday card signed by the staff. Very thoughtful. First course for me was lobster bisque. It was very good. My friend has a caesar salad and she thought that it was a little more tart than she prefered, but the lettuce was beautiful and the portion was huge. I had the filet of sole and my friend has the redfish. Both dishes were excellent. I loved the crispiness of the parmesan coating. The portions were enormous. Neither of us could finish our meal. We had a side of brussels sprouts and they were a little disappointing. A little too firm for our taste, but the flavor was good. They treated me to dessert and we had the Godiva cake served hot with ice cream. It was divine. When we were entering and leaving, the other wait staff greeted us and then wished us well for the evening. I thought that it was a lovely dining experience. It is expensive for my wallet, but it will definitely be a go-to place for other special occasions.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Two couples went to dinner at Eddie V's in City Centre on New Years Eve and went before our reservation intending to have a drink in the bar before sitting down to eat. The bar was packed except for the multiple tables and multiple booths that were empty but with "Reserved" signs on them. That was when we learned for the first time that you could make a reservation for the bar in addition to a reservation for dinner. But, our table was ready and so we went directly into the dining room and had that drink there instead. Everyone had seafood: 2 redfish, 1 salmon and 1 scallops plus sides all around and everything was excellent. The dining room was full, but the service was very good. We were not rushed at all, enjoying a couple of cocktails before even ordering. Overall, very, very nice.