“Date night with the Mrs”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.
Bay City, Texas
“Date night with the Mrs”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

What a great experience. Atmosphere is busy, but not too loud. Service was EXCELLENT and Michael W was very attentive, but not intrusive. There's a fine line between taking care of your guests and interrupting a nice dinner without the kids. Michael was spot on. The food was great, Michael hooked us up with a custom surf and turf. The special appetizer, Fried Green Tomatoes with crab, was AWESOME!!! The Lobster and shrimp bisque was very good, and the Banana's Foster cake for dessert was Fantastic. The price wasn't cheap, but was worth every penny. We WILL be back soon.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Sometimes you pay for what you get”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Often when I go to Houston I stay in the city centre as its the only place you can freely walk around the different restaurants without getting a cab.

One of my favourites is seafood, but as a European traveller I find most US restaurants normally overcook the seafood.

I normally go for the shrimp cocktail, although the prawns are huge they are tasty and then the Atlantic sole, I normally ask them to leave the partisan crust, and to lightly cook the fish, that washed down with a glass of the Kim Crawford Servignon Blanc.

It is a little pricey but the service is good.

Austin, Texas
“Superb service but food didn't Wow”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The service was amazing. The seafood, however, was good but didn't impress me, especially when considering the cost of the meal. I heard others raving about the steak, other guests agreed with me about the seafood being average.

Visited June 2013
Katy, Texas, United States
“Birthday celebration with friends”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Eddie V's is by fair one of the finest restaurants in Houston. The service, atmosphere and food were excellent. We enjoyed happy hour in the V Lounge before dinner. Drinks and appetizers were wonderful. Dinner and complimentary birthday desserts were out of this world. We never felt rushed and were so well attended. Will definitely return.

Houston, Texas
“Fantastic in Every Way”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been to Eddie V's in Austin but this was my first visit to the Houston location. Business dinner; two people. The waitress was perfect. Attentive but not intrusive. We werent sure about which ousters we wanted; she offed a mini-mixed appetizer plate (not on the menu). Dining partner wasn't sure about medium rare or rare on the steak; she offered rare plus to split the difference. We wanted to get a couple of sides but not have a bunch of leftovers; she offered smaller side portions. I didnt even know that was an option! (Three Forks, Pappas, Del Friscos, Mortons - please offer this). Yes she got a huge tip and earned every dollar of it.

The food was absolutely fantastic (it typically is). Yes it is a little pricey but you expect that at a high-end restaurant. My only complaint, and it is a smal one, is that I think the valet parking should be free (with a tip of course). If you're dropping big dollars on dinner and drinks they shouldn't dig for an extra few bucks.