“Nice Business Hotel”

Ranked #196 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Cincinnati
“Nice Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I had sworn off Holiday Inns after a horrible experience with a Holiday Inn in Columbus, Ohio two years ago, but decided to give this establishment a try for my three night business trip to Houston. I found the hotel and grounds to be very clean, well appointed, and fresh. The room was well lit and clean. Plenty of desk space and a very comfortable bed. Housekeeping does a great job turning rooms around. Room Service was fantastic - quick, hot, reasonably priced and very tasty. It rivaled many fine casual dining restaurants. The restaurant/bar was great for breakfast and a drink during the evening with a full range of beers and alcoholic beverages. Jessica at the front desk was very nice and Phillip at the bar was entertaining. The only problem with the hotel was the Wi-Fi which kept disconnecting and was horribly intermittent at best. At least It was free! Despite the Wi-Fi issues, I would consider returning on my next business trip to Houston.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cincybearcatfan
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving Holiday Inn hotels another try. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Donovan Stephens, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
milano
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I spent almost 2 weeks in this hotel for business reason.
Personnel pretty nice, food at the restaurant was good, and lot of beers available. about the gym...I'd never seen a gym so small before!
in the complex, I can suggest this hotel, especially for business trip, since it's far from midtown and from downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mzanto
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor feedback for the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be nice and the food at the Sporting News Grill to be good. As for the gym, we appreciate your comments. We do offer exercise amenities that you can take and use in your guest room, as we realize that the gym space is limited. Next time you visit our hotel, ask the front desk about these options. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel was always super clean the whole week we stayed there. I never came or left the hotel without being greeted. The beds are comfortable and the TV gets all the good stations plus some premium stations. The pool is also indoors so it usable all year plus a great hot tub. I did not try the sports bar they had onsite since the company I was with was taking us out the whole time. I am sure this place will fit your needs.

Room Tip: Most rooms have parking lot views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We are also glad that you enjoyed some of our hotel amenities, such as the pool and hot tub, while staying with us. We hope that next time you will find time to try our Sporting News Grill, which offers over 100 beers to choose from.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed he on a quick 2 day business trip in Houston, when I checked in I had a very pleasant and kind young man that helped me really made me smile after a really long day. My room was great! Very comfy bed and lots of pillows, the shower was beautiful with glass sliding door and a powerful shower head. I ate at the bar every night and the head bar tender is great! He was very helpful and remembered me the second night I came in which was nice. They didn't have a huge selection of wines but what they did have was really good. The breakfast that I had was also really good, I was glad I didn't have to go to far for good food. This location was great for the business trip, I will defiantly be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston on Trip Advisor. We certainly appreciate your feedback. We are so pleased to know that our staff was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your guest room and our restaurant during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to the Houston area.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Fair hotel... Clean, silent, people are pleasant are help the guests a lot.

If you're going to GE O&G or Cameron, consider going walking to work (and driving a lot everywhere else...).

The Sports Bar is really good. Fair food, good drinks and a huuuuuuge selection of beer! You can have fun every Friday night... even if you're not a guest.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fernanda R
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston. We are happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet and our staff to be friendly and pleasant. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our beer selection at the Sporting News Grill. However, I noticed that you thought the food in the restaurant was only fair. We would appreciate any feedback that you would be willing to provide to make dining with us more enjoyable.

Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a week for business meetings in one of its meeting rooms. The room was okay for its purpose, and the staff was very amiable and service oriented. The rooms were very clean and ample. The breakfast options can be improved, and I think this is a huge opportunity for improvement.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston. We are happy that you were pleased with our staff and our customer service. As for the issues with breakfast, we are currently reviewing our menu options and appreciate your feedback as we try to improve in this area. You mentioned that the meeting room was okay. I would appreciate any other feedback that you would be willing to provide that would have made the room better for your needs.

Alfred, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We spent 10 days in Houston and we stayed here at the Holiday Inn, it was a great location to my meetings, it has a nice Restaurant on the property that has a full menu and a Bar in it. My Family and I enjoyed the stay and the location, the staff was great and very help full. We will use them again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park Houston. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that our staff was friendly and helpful as we strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests. I did notice that you gave our hotel a lower rating for both sleep quality and rooms and I would really appreciate any further feedback on these aspects of your stay.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Houston!