“Perfect stay”

Ranked #187 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Trinidad and Tobago
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here last week while I was in Houston on business. The rooms are nice, beds are very comfortable, food is great, staff is very very nice, service overall was very good. I made use of the shuttle service that was complimentary within a 5 mile radius. I always got where I needed to go on time and they also picked me back up as soon as I called. I am definitely going back to this hotel for my next visit to Houston as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park. Our goal is to go above and beyond for our guests and we appreciate that you shared your great experience with other travelers. Clean rooms and comfortable beds make for a nice hotel stay but we understand that sometimes it is the amenities, such as shuttle service and great food, that make a hotel stay great. We are glad that you enjoyed these amenities during your stay.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Donovan Stephens, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The large suite was very spacious and comfortable with large flat screen TVs in both the bedroom and the adjacent living room. Coming from the UK where hotel rooms can often be tiny, it was quite a novelty to have a 10 minute walk from the bedroom to your suite door.

A small kitchen area is also included in the suite and this has a useful sink fridge, microwave and coffee maker but no cooker. You wont be cooking more than microwave TV dinners in the room but then you have the on site sports bar diner which is where they want you to spend your Houston petro dollars. I could compare this to the Staybridge Suites (also IHG group) that has a better kitchen setup but no onsite restaurant.

The air conditioning was quite powerful (often the case in Houston) and the controls hidden behind the TV a bit fiddly. I could change the temperature but the fan speed seemed to be fixed. At one stage the system started making crunching noises and I assumed that something had iced up. Switched it off and waited a few hours and then all was well. Personally I always like the choice of being able to open a window in a hotel room to get extra ventilation but the room had fixed windows.

This holiday Inn had a large modern reception area, nice indoor pool (big enough for some exercise laps) and a useful business center. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lively (at times) restaurant and bar. The buffet breakfast was OK but the evening meals were better.

Enjoyable and comfortable to stay here and scores highly on amenities and room comfort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your excellent and informative review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious suites. It is also wonderful to know to that you enjoyed the amenities and the bar and restaurant that are available to our guests. Our staff strives to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable, making them our best amenity! We hope to welcome you to our hotel again on your next visit to Houston.

Thanks again,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am fortunate that my Company has a Corporate account with this hotel, it is very convenient to my corporate office but is also a great place to stay. The restaurant and bar is a good place to grab a meal or a drink. The rooms are clean and have all the essentials travelers need, the bathrooms are clean and laid out in a manner that allows easy access to everything, I really appreciate the magnifying mirror.

Room Tip: There are several close by places to eat.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Holiday Inn Westway Park. We are happy to hear that you not only found our location to be convenient for your stay, but that you also found our services to be of good quality. We work hard to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. We are also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experiences at the Sporting News Grill. We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip to the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here 5+ weeks this year, so they're doing a lot very well. Rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is friendly, location is great for me. As a newish location, things are well updated.

Some negatives: wifi can be spotty in the rooms, especially high floors. Typical pay breakfast of the standard Holiday Inns. Restaurant was not so good for breakfast - slow service, flavorless meal with incorrect food temperatures. One meal was enough to have not returned since.

• Stayed July 2013
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
First of all, thank you for your business and loyalty. We are glad to hear that you find our rooms to be clean, our staff to be friendly and our location to be good. However, I am personally sorry to hear about the issues that you encountered at the Holiday Inn Westway Park. We have been diligently working to fix the problem related to internet and wifi service and feel that we have improved this issue. As for the issue that you had with our restaurant, this information will be addressed with our restaurant staff and it will be our top priority to correct this. We hope that you will choose our hotel again for your future lodging needs in the Houston area and that you will give our restaurant another try.

Salvador, BA
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had a good time during my trip to Houston when I stayed at Holiday Inn westway park. The room is very nice and, overall, the facilities are really new and clean. There is a gym center and a pool as well. People at the front desk were very attencious and friendly. The prices are fair. I really recommend to stay at Holiday Inn westway park.

Room Tip: Double bed rooms are the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn at Westway Park and for your recommendation of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the endorsements of our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the amenities in our gym and pool areas. We take great pride in the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and appreciate your kind comments on their service. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Houston.

Edinburgh
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn. My room was very good - very large and comfortable with an excellent working area. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and shower were very nice. Everything was perfectly clean.

The restaurant was good - the food that I had was all good; the breakfast buffet was good too. The staff in the restaurant were all very helpful and friendly. The bar has a really surprisingly good selection of beers - many craft type brews both on tap and in bottles - they have a pretty good selection of malt whisky too...

All of the staff that I came across anywhere in the hotel were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review of the Holiday Inn at Westway Park. We are happy to hear that you found your hotel room to be spacious, comfortable and clean. We pride ourselves on having a clean hotel with a friendly and helpful staff and we are very pleased to hear that this was your experience with us. Thanks as well for your endorsement of our restaurant and bar, especially the craft beer selection. We hope that you enjoyed the uniqueness of our selection and will continue to spread the word.

Thanks again and we hope to see you at the Holiday Inn at Westway Park on your next trip to the Houston West area.

Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and had a great experience. Hotel and room was very clean! Fixtures and bedding was up to date, and came with a big screen tv and refrigerator. Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at the Holiday Inn Westway Park. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible and that starts with our staff. We are glad to hear that our front desk was accommodating and helpful. We look forward to seeing you the next time that your travel plans bring you to our area of Houston.