“Great hotel tucked away in the Energy Corridor”

Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park
Ranked #185 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“Great hotel tucked away in the Energy Corridor”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

New hotel with a great staff who really want your stay to be enjoyable. Every time we entered the hotel we were treated by the staff who advised us of the services (restaurant) they had for the evening. The beds were comfortable and the flat screen was sharp. I thought the on screen guide helped me find what I wanted to watch quicker instead of me waiting to catch on to the show I was watching.

Great price, location and staff makes this hotel worth going back too.

Kudos to the front desk for advising me to visit on the weekends and get a better price.

Room Tip: The two queens are the way to go with a small family.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay at the Holiday Inn Westway Park. We work hard to go above and beyond when it comes to making our guests feel welcomed and attended to. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Houston.

Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Grenoble, France
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Not a place where you would spend your vacation, but as a business hotel in a city where rooms can be very hard to find during a convention, this does the job.

The location is convenient from the point of view of getting there (if you put up with local traffic), right on the side of beltway 8. But once you are there, there is nothing around and you need another 15-20 minute ride to get to town and restaurants.

Rooms are clean and spacious.

The breakfast buffet could (should) be a little more creative, diverse better presented.

Not a bad place, but for $300/night, I expect a little more.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from Beltway 8 !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JP B
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. During the week you were in town there was a city wide oil and gas convention causing room rates to be typically higher than a normal week stay here.

We are located inside of a business park and do cater typically to a corporate client during the week, however on weekends a lot a families actually prefer to stay here and drive a short distance because of our quiet location. Around our hotel we have a park directly behind for a picnic, we are 5 minutes from a large park (Bear Creek), 5 minutes from Memorial City mall and shopping.

We appreciate you staying here and certainly do hope to be your choice in the future.
Calgary, AB
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Brand new hotel, loved the spacious King room with separate living space.
Breakfast was reasonably priced and service was excellent.
Great location and if you need to travel somewhere close by, the shuttle will take you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's true we offer complimentary shuttle in the area so just let us know where you want to go and we will take you there!
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This HI has been open for 7 months. Standard HI rooms, but new, with comfortable beds, accessible outlets, very clean (everywhere). Courteous staff. 1/2 blk from Sam Houston Tollway: no highway noise inside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments! We really appreciate it. We are the newest Holiday Inn in the Houston area and the newest Sporting News Grill restaurant. Thanks for letting others know you enjoyed your stay.
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The front desk was very helpful . The cleaning staff made my room sparkle, always had more towels than I could use. If I have more business to do with Invensys I will definitely stay here. Being within walking distance gave me extra time in the morning to have that extra cup of coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We appreciate the great comments! Thank you! We are located within walking distance of many companies in the area and several restaurants. We look forward to you being our guest again in the future.
Delaware
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Brand new hotel. We stayed in one of the suites. Spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable (I am quite picky). Front desk extremely courteous. We stayed at the Sheraton down the street the previous year. However, it was way more expensive so we decided to try the Holiday Inn. Glad we did- we would happily stay here again as it is comparable to the Sheraton and much better priced. The stay could not have been better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for being our guest and letting the trip advisor community know of your great stay here. We strive continously to try and achieve complete guest satisfaction and we are so happy that appears we did. I will forward your comments to my staff and let them know to keep up the great work!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I must admit, when I heard I was staying at a Holiday Inn, I had serious doubts. I mean, really, a HOLIDAY INN? It conjured up images of 25 cent Magic Fingers bed vibrators and sleazy desk clerks. But this one is nothing at all like that.

The hotel is less than one year old as of this writing (Feb '13) and it's really quite nice. Here's the good:

Lovely lobby, rooms and common areas decorated in cheery colors
Small, well stocked convenience store
Courtesy shuttle for local trips
Great staff - extremely helpful and kind
Great in room lighting
Lovely LG HD television with wide assortment of channels (it wasn't all news and ESPN, thank Heaven)
In room refrigerator
Good food in the restaurant with lovely staff (ask for Stefanie)
Great bathroom with excellent lighting
Good work area in the room
Well priced for what you get
Excellent for a business trip
Extremely clean

The bad:

Bed was rock hard - not the best sleep I've ever gotten
Pillows are just awful
HVAC is a little uneven - the humidity was very high for a February and I really couldn't get the room temperature to be totally comfortable due to the wonky weather

I'd stay there again, but I'd bring my own pillow if it would fit in my suitcase!

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be the same and there are no 'great views'. There is also no street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Holiday Inn has done an absolutely terrific job of updating all of their hotels over the last couple of years and the new prototypes we are building are absolutely beautiful and we are so glad you thought so too!

We are certainly hope we have made you a fan of the brand and of course our hotel and we look so forward to you being our guest again.