“Business Trip”

Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park
Ranked #192 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Brand new hotel, loved the spacious King room with separate living space.
Breakfast was reasonably priced and service was excellent.
Great location and if you need to travel somewhere close by, the shuttle will take you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's true we offer complimentary shuttle in the area so just let us know where you want to go and we will take you there!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This HI has been open for 7 months. Standard HI rooms, but new, with comfortable beds, accessible outlets, very clean (everywhere). Courteous staff. 1/2 blk from Sam Houston Tollway: no highway noise inside.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments! We really appreciate it. We are the newest Holiday Inn in the Houston area and the newest Sporting News Grill restaurant. Thanks for letting others know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The front desk was very helpful . The cleaning staff made my room sparkle, always had more towels than I could use. If I have more business to do with Invensys I will definitely stay here. Being within walking distance gave me extra time in the morning to have that extra cup of coffee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We appreciate the great comments! Thank you! We are located within walking distance of many companies in the area and several restaurants. We look forward to you being our guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Brand new hotel. We stayed in one of the suites. Spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable (I am quite picky). Front desk extremely courteous. We stayed at the Sheraton down the street the previous year. However, it was way more expensive so we decided to try the Holiday Inn. Glad we did- we would happily stay here again as it is comparable to the Sheraton and much better priced. The stay could not have been better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you very much for being our guest and letting the trip advisor community know of your great stay here. We strive continously to try and achieve complete guest satisfaction and we are so happy that appears we did. I will forward your comments to my staff and let them know to keep up the great work!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I must admit, when I heard I was staying at a Holiday Inn, I had serious doubts. I mean, really, a HOLIDAY INN? It conjured up images of 25 cent Magic Fingers bed vibrators and sleazy desk clerks. But this one is nothing at all like that.

The hotel is less than one year old as of this writing (Feb '13) and it's really quite nice. Here's the good:

Lovely lobby, rooms and common areas decorated in cheery colors
Small, well stocked convenience store
Courtesy shuttle for local trips
Great staff - extremely helpful and kind
Great in room lighting
Lovely LG HD television with wide assortment of channels (it wasn't all news and ESPN, thank Heaven)
In room refrigerator
Good food in the restaurant with lovely staff (ask for Stefanie)
Great bathroom with excellent lighting
Good work area in the room
Well priced for what you get
Excellent for a business trip
Extremely clean

The bad:

Bed was rock hard - not the best sleep I've ever gotten
Pillows are just awful
HVAC is a little uneven - the humidity was very high for a February and I really couldn't get the room temperature to be totally comfortable due to the wonky weather

I'd stay there again, but I'd bring my own pillow if it would fit in my suitcase!

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be the same and there are no 'great views'. There is also no street...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Holiday Inn has done an absolutely terrific job of updating all of their hotels over the last couple of years and the new prototypes we are building are absolutely beautiful and we are so glad you thought so too!

We are certainly hope we have made you a fan of the brand and of course our hotel and we look so forward to you being our guest again.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is a little pricey if you have to buy the standard rates during a busy season. However, catch a special or get a corporate rate and the value is there. The front desk staff are always super friendly and helpful. The food is good at the restaurant. It's very nice for business since there is a bar service available without leaving the hotel. Rooms are nicely equipped for business. Being new, I hope they keep it up because it will be a long-term choice for me visiting nearby office complexes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and we are truly glad you really like our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Spent there about 4 nights. Brand new hotel, fair size rooms, very comfortable, very clean. Hotel personnel very kind and extremely efficient. Helped me out with taxi and other transport arrangements. Very useful: the hotel offers a customized shuttle service at no cost for the sourrounding areas, which is extremely useful if you are there for business as many major Companies are located within few miles. Breakfast has not many options but the essential is there. Hotel rates (early December) were affordable and well worthy the services offered. Gym and pool are small, but if you like jogging there are plenty of path passing just outside the hotel.
Definitely a place to recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience here at my hotel. We want to thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you soon!