“Great Hotel, Great Service.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Ranked #8 of 506 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
London, Canada
“Great Hotel, Great Service.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family stayed at the Embassy Suites in Downtown Houston. I was in town for a convention (the convention center is about a 2 minutes walk) and I brought my family with me. Everyone at the hotel was so accommodating. The helped my wife with directions to local family places, they recommended restaurants we try and took us there in the free shuttle. And the breakfast was great and did I mention it was free. Great Hotel...I recommend it to anyone either for a business trip or a family trip.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is consistently excellent the times I've stayed here. They have helpful staff, and the rooms are very comfortable. They have thoughtful amenities for women, like a vanity to put on makeup. I've stayed at almost every hotel downtown, and it's my favorite one.

Harlingen, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is located close to the Toyota Center and the Convention Center. Great location for Ball games or fine dining. Hotel staff is rated excellent and helpful. Prices are reasonable, but the hotel taxes are a pain in the Houston Area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Lima, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

EXCELLENT, simply EXCELLENT!!! We had a wonderful experience at this facility. We thoroughly enjoyed all your employees and would stay here again any time! This was a world class operation and experience. Thank you!! The only tiny thing we had an issue with was the thermostat in the room. We tried to set it a few degrees cooler (and warmer at night) but it would not let us change the temp.

New Iberia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was attending an event at the Convention Center for three days in January. Other members of my group stayed at the Hilton which was great, but the short walk was worth the ammenities. Embassy Suites staff was exceptional, the property clean, and my room wonderful. I ate the complimentary breakfast one day which was very nice. Even though in downtown Houston and having to walk a few blocks to and from meetings I felt safe. Others who attended the same event enjoyed restaurants and attractions nearby, including a small park.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
chicago, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My stay here was the best overall of any hilton/embassy suites I've stayed in the past. From the decor to the staff everything was top notch. Felicia and her staff (Danny & Tabitha) were amazing as well as the morning shuttle driver.

Deridder
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had an enjoyable family overnighter at Embassy Suites, Downtown Houston. The service was exceptional and personal, tailored to our needs for safety, comfort, and tastes. I plan to make this my go-to hotel for future visits to this city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
The Lancaster
#4 of 506 in Houston
JW Marriott Houston Downtown
Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Address: 1515 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77010-7137
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston > Downtown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Houston
#3 Green Hotel in Houston
#6 Romantic Hotel in Houston
#7 Family Hotel in Houston
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown 3.5*
We're an all-suite, urban high-rise hotel overlooking Discovery Green and adjacent to the Houston Rockets' Toyota Center. The hotel is conveniently just steps away from the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Houston Pavilions shopping and entertainment complex.We offer free cooked-to-order breakfast, free WiFi and free evening cocktails at our nightly reception with your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel Houston