“Southern Hospitality at It's Best!!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Ranked #11 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night before going on a cruise. Well, Mother Nature did a number on us, and due to bad fog the port was closed. We found ourselves in limbo, waiting for an update from the cruise company. We didn't know when we would be leaving the hotel to head to the port. Not only the staff allowed us a super late check out, they were extremely accommodating while we were waiting. As far as the hotel itself, it was perfect. Big nice rooms, super clean and chic. Great food at the hotel restaurant. A vacation that had a rocky start was remedied by the fabulous staff of the Embassy Suites. Thank you for taking the stress completely off our shoulders! And their driver was amazing!!!

Stayed: February 2014
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I wanted to personally write a review for Laramie Justice because he has offered me great service and has been nothing but respectful and kind. His performance has been outstanding and every time that I've had a question he has done nothing but welcomed me with a heart warming smile and has provided satisfying answers. I would recommend everyone Justice's services.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

EXCELLENT staff and a superior experience in almost eveery respect. I would reccommend to any business traveller. Location in heart of HOTEX, but tjhere is little to offer in way of less expensive dining options within walking distance. Great staff..very clean...a wonderful hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Trust me. If you want a nice stay in the downtown area, this place can't be beat! The accomodations are wonderful the breakfast is wonderful and the happy hours is excellent. I loved staying here and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at many different hotels, and this hotel is by far one of the nicest; especially for the price! The staff was amazing and I enjoyed having drinks at the bar! I had a king suite and it was absolutely gorgeous! Very modern and clean hotel! The morning of my checkout I was running late and someone from housekeeping knocked at the door. I explained I was just packing up my things, and she very nicely assured me it wasn't a problem and to take my time. I very much enjoyed my stay here and will recommend it to everyone in the Houston area!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel did not have ample hot water for showering for 1.5 days. The explanation was that the hotel was a full occupancy due to the Houston marathon and that everyone was taking showers at the same time. This is not an acceptable explanation. Either the hotel engineer did not adjust the hotel hot water system/boilers for full occupancy, or there is a critical design flaw in your hotel chain or this location's infrastructure. In either case, mistakes do happen and if you want "exceed my expectations," I would have expected an offer of a credit for the days without hot water. None was offered. This is not my usual experience with the Hilton Corp. and I am somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Awesome quiet rooms, great beds, great amenities, free breakfast coocked to order specs, happy hour, frendly and professional staff, cemtral downtown location. Park next door which is great in the summer where kids can play in the fountains. Toyota Center next door. No complaints from me!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
JW Marriott Houston Downtown
Hyatt Regency Houston
Hyatt Regency Houston
#34 of 517 in Houston
Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown

Address: 1515 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77010-7137
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston > Downtown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Houston
#3 Green Hotel in Houston
#6 Romantic Hotel in Houston
#7 Family Hotel in Houston
Price Range: $157 - $414 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown 3.5*
We're an all-suite, urban high-rise hotel overlooking Discovery Green and adjacent to the Houston Rockets' Toyota Center. The hotel is conveniently just steps away from the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Houston Pavilions shopping and entertainment complex.We offer free cooked-to-order breakfast, free WiFi and free evening cocktails at our nightly reception with your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel Houston