“experirnce”

GreenLeadersGold level
houston, United States
“experirnce”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Overall a clean, modern and friendly hotel and close to work and safe. I recommend thid hotel in houston downtown which is in the heart of office complex and sport activities. The evening hospitality and morning break fast hot makes your day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent four nights at this hotel conveniently located near the convention center and the service was exceptional and consistent. Spacious rooms, great decor and friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary shuttle, breakfast, happy hour drinks and wi-fi made it for me. Would most definitely stay here again

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
North Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in 2 suites with 8 girls aged 8-10 years old over the past weekend to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday. Jon Paul (JP) and Tabitha went over the top to make her feel like a princess. Our rooms were ready Saturday morning, so we had time to go decorate before my daughter came that afternoon. Also, there was a special note just for the birthday girl with a plate of berries and dessert waiting for her in the room when she arrived.

During the hotel's Complimentary Reception Hour, we were met with a less than friendly bartender. However, the manager, JP, went above and beyond the call of duty to not only remedy the situation but make it better than we could have expected. He personally had pitchers of Shirley Temples made for the girls and then served them while chatting for a little while with them. The girls felt like royalty.

Sunday morning, the hotel chefs were very patient with our crew at breakfast. When we went over to Discovery Green, JP and Tabitha were at the Front Desk with smiles on their faces asking how everyone's night was.

I have always loved Embassy Suites because of the spacious rooms, Reception Hour, and complimentary breakfast. This experience over the weekend has only increased my love of the hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Anahuac, Tx
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Took my boys to the Rockets preseason game on Saturday, 10/5 in which the Rockets loss by 1 point to the New Orleans Pelicans. But that's okay...again, it was only a preseason game. Dwight Howard is lookin' good! James Harden has always been my man (yes, I'm a female). Thought Jeremy Lin had been traded, but not. I booked the Embassy Suites this time...normally we stay at Hilton Americas which is across the street from the Emb. Suites. The Toyota Center is just steps away from both. What an excellent choice on my part. The Emb. Suites was very nice and clean w/excellent complimentary evening reception and complimentary breakfast. My boys are actually men (19 and 23) and both can eat and drink like a horse. We had a 2 room suite (double beds w/sleeper sofa) overlooking the pool and Discovery Green. (I've never seen so many children and dogs in my entire life...families were have a wonderful time at Discovery Green park.) I parked my car next to the hotel for $2.75 via parking meter pay box; after 6 p.m. parking is free on Saturdays and free all day Sundays. The parking meter pay box accepts cash or credit cards. Remember to put the parking receipt on the dash board to show proof of payment. The Emb. Suites was surround by cars b/c it's free parking after 6 p.m. Why pay $28 for valet parking?!? I must admit, I didn't know the parking system until I ask one of the valet guys to be honest w/me about downtown Houston parking. Over the years I've seen too many cars parked on the side of the streets but yet no parking meter per car. Since he was honest w/me, I tipped him $20. I was appreciative of the information and he was appreciative to receive $20.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Discovery Green or a corner suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
South Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed here many times and this is the first hotel I look to make reservations at while visiting Houston. The hotel is clean, rooms are spacious, have a separate bedroom from living room with sleeper sofa, are PET FRIENDLY which allows us to bring our 4 legged son, has great complimentary breakfast with made to order omelettes, located within walking distance to doggy park, great grocery store, concert venues, discovery green park, minute maid baseball park, etc. LOVE THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just stayed one night to go see a Yankees vs. Astros game. We walked to Minute Maid park thru the Discovery park across from the hotel, less than 10 minute walk. Then we felt safe to walk 2 blocks to a House of Blues and bowling place since it was close and businesses were busy. Hotel was clean, the room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was very nice but on weekends, if you go after 9:15 am expect a long waiting line. Check out was fast as the check in. The valet parking is ok and faster than looking around for one yourself. Overall, we will stay again on our next ballpark trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

dc
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stay was limited to one night but a very pleasant stay. Facility is fairly new, decor was modern and refreshing. Suite was attractive, very clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful and location was convenient to downtown Houston locations. Great spot if attending events at Minute Maid park or the convention center. Didn't take advantage of the amenities so no comments there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business