“Terrific Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Terrific Stay”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Really enjoyed my time at the Embassy Suites in Houston. Generally I don't stay in Downtown hotels when I need a car, but this trip most of the business focus was Downtown.Not built as one of the Atrium designs, this hotel has a conventional feel. Great furnishings and a generous bathroom and shower. Very comfortable and fairly quiet, even with families.

Extremely friendly staff and the workout facilities were spacious and well appointed. Parking is a little steep which is alway my problem with Downtown properties, but there are other lots around which could be used. As usual at an Embassy, the breakfast is well worth it and will hold you till dinner.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Omg this place is one of the nicest friendliest and cleanest places I have stayed and I travel ALOT for business. I will be staying here whenever I come to Houston from now on!!! I will be back. They remember your name when you walk through the door! Never had that happen ever! The shuttle takes you where you want to go within a few miles of the hotel and it picks you up! Rooms are beautiful!!! Just lovely and they have direct tv!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay here. The staff was helpful and friendly. On arrival the valet quickly helped me with my luggage and took care of my car. Check-in was quick and easy. Breakfast each day had plenty of tasty options and the portions were good sized. The rooms are standard size for Embassy Suites. The only noted problem was the mattress was too firm for my taste. The individual cooking omelets went out of his way to make sure he met everyone’s needs. Manager’s reception has a good selection of alcohol. My only critique is I have found better food options at other Embassy Suites. Check out was easy and my car was waiting when I was ready to leave. I definitely recommend this hotel and will use it again should I need to return to Houston.

Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times on an assignment for a client in Houston and this is a great location. You do not need a rental car because most location are walkable from here and there is a series of tunnels and walkways between many offfice buildings.

The complimentary happy hour, free cooked breakfast, spacious rooms, and modern decore are all wonderful. Service is outsanding.

Room Tip: A higher floor allows you to avoid typical big city noise, and one away from the elevator core allow...
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here 6 nights during a conference last week. It is very convenient to the convention center. The suite was large, with comfortable living room (with work area and refrigerator).
The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and efficient. When I reported a maintenance issue, it was taken care of quickly and a small belgian chocolate hammer with a sticker on it apologizing for the inconvenience was left in the room -- a nice touch.

Breakfast was good (oatmeal, omelets made to order, fresh fruit, etc.) and once guests figured out that CNN was showing every morning in one area, Fox News in another, and a third area was TV-free, we could all choose where to sit according to our individual political persuasions and avoid having our sensibilities offended before the morning coffee.

The pool is good-sized, nice towels are provided, and it was open from about 6am till about 11pm, which is quite convenient. The 24-hr coin-operated laundry (change and detergent available at the front desk) was also convenient.

The courtesy shuttle was convenient and comfortable.

As others have pointed out, the awkwardly hanging/sliding bathroom door does not allow a lot of privacy if you're sharing the room with someone you don't know intimately. Also, the housekeeping staff seemed a little rushed and made pretty quick work of my room when they did their daily visits and did not vacuum or change the sheets every third day as was announced in flyers in the room (this was not an issue for me, but it could be for some.)

And one night when I asked the bellman whether my destination (a well-known landmark in the city) was within walking distance, he made no attempt to find out and just replied rather unhelpfully, "I couldn't say; would you like a taxi?"

All in all, though, I found the hotel convenient, comfortable, and very efficiently-run and I would gladly stay here again if I needed to be downtown, near the convention center.

Campinas, SP
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for almost a week in this hotel to attend a conference at the Convention Center. Everything was great. Really friendly staff. I had parcels delivered to me in the room all the time. Breakfast was very good and as a bonus they have a happy hour from 5:30 pm. Location is very convenient although there are not too many reataurants in the area.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My colleague and I stayed here during our recent trip to Houston for a Conference at the Exhibition Center. The location of the hotel was great - easy walk to Exhibition Center, but also easy to get to other locations (restaurants, metro, shops, etc). The staff were super friendly (especially the doormen and consierge). We stayed in a Suite, which was perfect for a week's stay. We had a separate bedroom with two big Queen beds, comfortable space (sitting chair, desk, TV etc) - the bedroom was like a normal hotel room with SUPER comfortable beds! We then had a full/large bathroom (bathtub/shower, full sink, etc) with a little 'kitchenette' or bar area outside the bathroom (sink, microwave and bar fridge). Then there was the living area and a large desk for the two of us to work on, after meetings at the conference. It was so comfy and ideal for sharing. ALSO - there was a door on the bedroom that kept out a lot of noise if shut -- eg my colleague could skype or work in the living area, and I could easily sleep... so quiet! The other added plusses were the "Managers drinks" 5.30- 7.30pm each night, with free drinks and nibbles (chips, salsa, humous, small finger foods). This was great for meeting up with friends and colleagues. Free wifi (ideal for business) and breakfast were also great. The pool was great, and the gym is well equipped (dumbells and everything). I could have stayed for another week......

Room Tip: No particucular tips - if travelling with a business partner though, I guess ask for a suite.