“Could not be more impressed!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Ranked #18 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I just returned from a multi-night stay at this wonderful hotel. The facility is beautiful and the employees are friendly, helpful and just plain enjoyable. I recently stayed at another Embassy Suites and this one far surpassed it! I will return here when I am in Houston again.

That said, the cups in the room were not cleaned properly, but there are always disposable options.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is very new and offers great value for money with the complimentary breakfast and happy hour. The staff are extremely helpful and the business centre offers free internet and printing for those airline boarding passes. Wifi also free in the rooms too. Hot coffee always on hand during the day in the lobby and the shop has a reasonable selection of last minute essentials. It is close to a number of good restaurants, the Hard Rock Cafe, a good book store and the shuttle will take you anywhere in Downtown. It is also only 10 minutes walk to the Astros stadium. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate T

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. I was there for 4 nights, 5 days. I chose this one in particular because it had complimentary made to order breakfast, complimentary happy hour daily from 5:30-7:30 (beer, wine, rail drinks), free internet and business center, and a shuttle for the area. It is located across the street from the Toyota center, 2 blocks from the Conference Center, and about a 1/2 mile from Minute Maid Park. It is also located next to the shopping district. There were lots of restaurants and some shopping. The House of Blues and the Dirt Bar are 2 blocks away, as well as a bowling alley and a dueling piano bar. There is a grocery store/market about 1 ½ blocks from the hotel. You can either buy groceries or eat there. They are somewhat allergen friendly.

The check-in area at the hotel was small, and they only had 2 people checking everyone in. It took about 10 minutes until it was my turn for check-in. The lady that took care of me was friendly, however, not very helpful. I saw the woman next to me receive a map of the area with directions on where things are in the area. I did not receive that type of service. I went upstairs to the 7th floor. It is a two-room suite, which had a king size bed in the bedroom. The living space had 3 lamps, a couch, a table with 4 chairs, a flat screen TV with a stand, and a small coffee table. The room was pretty spacious. It also had a wet bar with a microwave and refrigerator. The coffee/tea pot and accessories were also placed there. Two bottles of water were placed in the refrigerator at no charge (I did ask).

The bathroom was really spacious, and had a very large shower stall (no bathtub, but that was fine). It had a glass door that swung in and out, which I thought was odd at the time, but then realized that came in handy when I needed the towel after my shower, as the towel rack was on the door outside of the shower. The water pressure and spray were acceptable, but I would have preferred a stronger pressure. There was one sink with plenty of counter space. I did not care for the water spray and temperature in the bathroom sink. The hot and cold were very sensitive when turned on, and it was very hard to get the temperature how I wanted it. The lighting was excellent (for all the ladies interested in putting their make-up on in the light). The brand of toiletries provided was Crab Tree and Evelyn. I personally don’t care for their products, so I’m glad I brought my own toiletries. The hair dryer was cheap, but it got the job done.

The bedroom had a closet with a full length mirror on the inside of one of the doors. It also had a desk/vanity table and chair with a vanity mirror, but given that the lighting was great in the bathroom, I didn’t need it. A king size bed, two bedside tables, each with a lamp, a chair, and a dresser that held a flat screen TV were in the bedroom. The thermostat was located in the bedroom. All the lamps in the room had outlets on them, which made it easy to charge my cell phone and ipod. The usually amenities were all there. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were a little too puffy for my taste. I did sleep well, though.

The 3rd day I was there, I was relaxing in the living area waiting for the complimentary happy hour, when it all of a sudden smelled like somebody just used my bathroom. I checked the bathroom, and noticed the water in the toilet was really low, and making a gurgling sound. It took 20 minutes for maintenance to come up. He explained that the pipe is shared with the above bathroom, and air gets into the pipes. Whatever. The issue is, it’s a problem, but they know how to fix it, at least temporarily. My room smelled peppermint fresh the rest of my stay. So if this happens to you, make sure you call for maintenance. This issue would not defer me from staying here, since it was fixable…

I used the workout room, and it was ok, nothing special or out of the ordinary. The elliptical machines and treadmills all had personal TVs attached to each of them. I did not use the pool, but there was a small area to lay out by the pool on one side, and tables and chairs located on the other side. The pool was pretty small, but at least there was one. There was also a Jacuzzi. I partook in the complimentary full breakfast once during my stay, and as long as you ask for an omelet cooked to order, it’s pretty good. They do have egg beaters and egg whites, as well. The already made scrambled eggs were cold and rubbery. The happy hour also had snacks, but weren’t very allergen friendly. On the first day, I did go down to the restaurant for lunch, but not only was the menu not allergen friendly, it was really expensive. I was in no mood to play around with the menu for those prices. There are plenty of places to eat outside of the hotel. Check out my other reviews for restaurants in the area if interested.

Overall, I would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

3  Thank mssnappy1972

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown with others on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your business and your recommendation. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We chose this hotel largely because of the proximity to Minute Maid Park, and because it was very good value. I was not expecting anything much from it, it is a long time since we have stayed in an Embassy Suites, but I was really pleasantly surprised. The hotel lobby was as fancy as any upmarket hotel, and the room itself was impressive. The decor was modern and the furnishings were obviously new. There was a large living area, and a larger bedroom. We were on a high floor and had a great view.
We were to see the Astros and it was a really easy walk through a park. There was a festival of sorts on while we were there, and the place was buzzing with groups of children and parents all enjoying their day.
Breakfast was just okay for me, but I have no complaints.
I would highly recommend the Embassy Suites and I can't wait to go back to Houston. We had a one night taster, and I want more!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to send such a considerate review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown. It is of upmost importance to us that our facilities are clean, that you are met with the best service and enjoy our amenities in every way! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had business in Houston, and wanted to catch the Astros at Minute Maid Park. This upscale Embassy Suites was perfect. Could walk easily and safely to Minute Maid. It's about 4 blocks, Through Discovery Green, an energetic city park with cafes, water fountains and playgrounds.

Four Seasons across street, as is House of Blues, The Grove. Many walking food options.

One odd thing, which would have been awkward if we had third person staying in living room sofa bed whom we didn't know well. The bathroom door was a modern sliding door, heavy door, but there was a two inch gap,at bottom and side ( it hung down from overhead slide.) So you didnt have complete privacy in bathroom. And door to bedroom from living room was frosted glass, so you saw light through door when closed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with others. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

While attending a convention stayed at the hotel. I was surprised as the spaciousness of the room and the evening reception made stay very enjoyable. Price also included free wireless internet connection and full breakfast.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have stayed there twice in the past 6 months, October for a Bachelorette Party and March 31st for another Girls Night Out event. Each time, we have been greeted with friendly staff, clean rooms, excellent breakfast in the morning and a wonderful trouble free stay each time! Would highly recommend to any one and very affordable for the location

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends