“Sweet suites!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Ranked #17 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you have stayed at Embassy Suites before – you know they're a welcome change from most hotel dog-boxes. No need to read on.

If you haven’t… well this hotel is a great example of Embassy Suites. Rooms are fresh and new, free made to order & buffet breakfasts are a nice touch, free wi-fi, USA Today & WSJ newspaper and the pool area is great.
Few things you may want to note:
:: Only valet parking – pricey (but that’s Houston Downtown)
- There are parking lots near the hotel
:: Amenities are few and far between on the weekend.
- There’s a drugstore a few blocks away and the Phonecia Speciality Foods 1 block behind the hotel
:: Watch for conferences in the nearby conference center, that will bump up the rates

Downtown is downtown, it can lack charm but it's an ideal base for downtown meetings.

Here's a tip, try the MKT BAR next to the Phonecia. Modern & stylish, great bar and the food is a modern take on most favourites.

Room Tip: As for one away from the elevator & for peace & quiet and face the four seasons
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send such a considerate review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown. We look forward to providing you the same level of luxury service during your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Very new and clean property between convention center and business district. One of the nicest Embassy Suites I have stayed at.

1  Thank EscapingSeattle

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with others. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Beautiful rooms.
Reception area, with microwave, fridge
Separate bedrooms, with super comfy bed and pillows.
TV's in both rooms.
Lovely Decor.

Well appointed gym with great new kit, nice pool.

Friendly staff, always willing to help.

Complimentary drinks in the bar between 5-7.30

1  Thank lnstphns

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown with others on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your business and your recommendation. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We booked a room to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Everything was perfect from check-in to check-out. Parking was easy, the room was beautiful, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2012

First time at a Embassy Suites and it won't be the last. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. I am not sure how old it is, but everything seems brand new. Check in was great, staff was prompt and courteous. The bellhop brought me a luggage car, unloaded my luggage, brought it up to my room and even showed me room amenities. I was in a king 2 room suite, TV's in each room, large living room type area with wet bar. Bed was amazing, got some great rest. I will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites when I am in the area.

1  Thank Sundown721

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here on business a couple of weeks ago, during the Houston Rodeo. Overall, the hotel was just not what I expected. Lobby was tiny. Room service was just okay - the highlight of the meal was the complimentary bread roll on the side (that should tell you how memorable my salad and wine were). The real problem was that I was "upgraded" to a handicapped suite. I am not disabled, but I feel badly for any disabled person who has to stay in that room. It smelled. The room layout was just plain awkward. The television was not easily visible from both beds at the same time. The bathroom lacked a hair dryer at all.... Little things, but overall, they made me feel less comfortable in the room. But, at least I didn't get my business associate's room - he couldn't sleep because he was "upgraded" to a room next to the elevator shaft.

Was glad for a roof over my head for the night, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the handicapped rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joesgirl1230

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to ensure every guest has a positive, memorable experience and I am sorry to hear we fell short in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Houston Downtown as part of a large conference in October 2011, and thoroughly enjoyed both the hotel and the great service.

It's very new, and you can tell. The facilities are modern and clean, with funky decorating the rooms. Comfy beds, separate bedroom, nice little bathroom; a small self catering area with minifridge and microwave means that you can look after yourself if you don't want to go out to eat.

Breakfast is included and is absolutely fabulous! Cereal, porrige, bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, toast, bagels, yoghurt, juice and made to order omelettes. A lovely, large breakfast room that is kept spotlessly clean, even with the high volume of guests; the hotel was completely full but I didn't have to wait for seating.

Had a swim in the pool, which was very nice and stocked up with guest towels. There's also a coin operated laundry which was a blessing for me as I was travelling for two weeks.

The hotel is well situated if you are attending an event at the Toyota Center or Convention Center, and is only a few short blocks to the business district. If you're new to Houston, be aware that Houston's nearby CBD has absolutely no night life at all - it's purely a business area and everything shuts down at night, even the McDonalds closes! There's very little shopping in this area either. It's really set up for conferences and events.

This year my convention is in Denver, and based on this experience I'll be staying at the Embassy Suites there too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GlendaSinging

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your return.