If you have stayed at Embassy Suites before – you know they're a welcome change from most hotel dog-boxes. No need to read on.
If you haven’t… well this hotel is a great example of Embassy Suites. Rooms are fresh and new, free made to order & buffet breakfasts are a nice touch, free wi-fi, USA Today & WSJ newspaper and the pool area is great.
Few things you may want to note:
:: Only valet parking – pricey (but that’s Houston Downtown)
- There are parking lots near the hotel
:: Amenities are few and far between on the weekend.
- There’s a drugstore a few blocks away and the Phonecia Speciality Foods 1 block behind the hotel
:: Watch for conferences in the nearby conference center, that will bump up the rates
Downtown is downtown, it can lack charm but it's an ideal base for downtown meetings.
Here's a tip, try the MKT BAR next to the Phonecia. Modern & stylish, great bar and the food is a modern take on most favourites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're an all-suite, urban high-rise hotel overlooking Discovery Green and adjacent to the Houston Rockets' Toyota Center. The hotel is conveniently just steps away from the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Houston Pavilions shopping and entertainment complex.We offer free cooked-to-order breakfast, free WiFi and free evening cocktails at our nightly reception with your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel Houston