“Great property”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Ranked #18 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Just came back from 5 nts at this hotel. Very close to the convention center and both sports venues in downtown. Excellent service by the staff and because it is pretty new - the rooms were in great shape and very modern.. The only negative is the breakfast is the same every day After a few days, it does get old but they do have a great omlete station if you have time to wait. I plan to stay here again for my annual trade show.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in January. Rooms are very comfortable and the business area / den is much appreciated. You can tell the hotel is new from the rooms. Smallish space overall for an Embassy suites room but the finishings make up for it. Really appreciated the separate shower stall in the bathroom. I would definitely stay here again. Have stayed at the Hilton Americas across the street and the Embassy Suites is comparable. One note, the free breakfast really isn't that great but passable. Valets were excellent. Had a package delivered and the front desk staff were lost trying to find it; turns out it had been dropped off and waiting in my room!

Room Tip: I stayed far from the elevators and with the separate bedroom, noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to send such a considerate review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown. We look forward to providing you the same level of luxury service during your next visit.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed at this new hotel recently. Very Impressed with all aspects. Check in was very quick and friendly. Room was very clean, bright and large. The craftsmanship in construction was obvious and higher than you normally find in Embassy. The bed was very comfortable and A/C worked well. Samsung TV's and Direct TV service. Free Wi Fi had a strong signal on the 9th floor. And the free breakfast was outstanding. Daily valet was a little pricey, but that was the only negative for this wonderful hotel. When staying in downtown Houston, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites on a business trip. I am an employee of Hilton and know what to expect from the brand and was completly blown away by the service. The team here at Embassy lives by the phrase "above and beyond." We checked in very late but the front desk clerk made the process quick and painless. Our room and the hotel was of extravangant design. The next morning we woke up early to enjoy breakfast before starting our soon-to-be stressful day. Great cook to order omlets made by Abe and Gregory. Both having given exemplary service. Later in the evening we enjoyed the manager's reception with bartender Jason. I truly believe one of your key star players. The only accident I encountered was with Tina in breakfast. I believe there was a miscommunication. I had asked front desk for some in room coffee. Soon after, front desk did a follow up call, (much appreciated), although, I had not recieved the coffee, cream, and sugar. A couple minutes later, Tina arrived with the creamer and sugar only. I explained I had ordered coffee too and she said something about charging me. I was confused since what I wanted was in room coffee, not room service. I assume this was way too much to ask for. She went downstairs and brought the correct order back and when I said thank you, her reply was "Ya." Tina was the only person I felt could be improved upon. Other than that, Alex and Richard in valet were absolutly fabulous. Richard even asked when checking out if he could assist me with directions. Wonderful staff and wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown! One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Previously, in past years we always stayed at the sister Hilton Americas. However, we do like suites with the "mini-kitchen" plus the standard Manger's Reception and breakfasts at Embassy Suites hotels, so we decided to go with this new property this year. Great choice! They were super nice, and it was pretty easy for me to roll out of bed, get my race gear on and out to the start line in the morning by traversing across the Discovery Park. Afterward, the good people had some post-race snacks for us in the lobby, as it was past the regular breakfast time. We had a room with a view of Discovery Green, which was pretty cool and a front row seat to runners coming in for the finish! Can't beat that! I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Depends on if you like a view or you like quiet. If you like quiet, I would request away from the p...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank West_Tx_54

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very nice hotel in downtown Houston. Great staff, new rooms. Good breakfast. Expensive parking. Great location. Good pick

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jharve07

Thank you for letting us know that we exceeded your expectations! We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

In short: the entry/foyer/"atrium" (if you know Embassy Suites) is not much to speak of in comparison. The in-house store was never truly stocked. The staff were amazing, great smiles, friendly attitude, and seem like they enjoy themselves. I would compare this properties staff to the genuine and amazing people in San Antonio at the Riverwalk location. They are both cut from the same professional cloth. Breakfast was good, although the space is a bit smaller than expected. I stayed three days and the lady cleaning my floor was pleasant and helpful. I had a great converstion with Kim at the Front Desk, again very pleasant. The valet staff could be more personable. The location is ideal if you are attending a convention or just wish to be in the downtown area of Houston and not deal with the crowds othwerwise associated with the city central hotels. Thanks to this team for a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a "park view" just know that if there is concert going on you won't sleep. But...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank HPTravelGuy

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown with others on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your business and your recommendation. We look forward to serving you again.