“Good for takeout”

Thai Cottage
Ranked #725 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Theme based chain has taken up Thai menu for its concept. The selections cover the entire spectrum of street food from egg rolls and soups to noodles and rice.

Each plate is generous, and the pricing is reasonable, making the trip well worth its value. The taste is really not distinctive enough to be called authentic. It is more like a fusion of a Chinese takeout and mall-based diner.

Sample menu:
1.Chicken crispy rolls (x2) $4.25. Wrapper was crispy and retained heat well. Worked well with sweet & sour sauce.

2.Steamed dumplings (x7) $6.5. Translucent wrapper did not break but was not too chewy. Bland without the soy sauce.

3. Chicken Pad thai $8.95. Big jumble of green onions, tofu, and rice noodles. Crushed peanuts and lime were left on side of dish to be added at your pace. Julienne carrots completed the visual plating. Satisfying but could use more of the noodles.

4. Sauteed sweet and sour chicken $9.95. Nothing really Thai for this selection but generous size is a good candidate for a takeout option.

There are newer reviews for Thai Cottage

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Needed a quick meal before the start of a seminar we wanted to attend as part of the FiestaEquestria 2014 con. We had 40 minutes to eat and jam, and for a family a four we were skeptical on our time frame.

Stumbled upon Thai Cottage, which is located in a mega-mini mall adjacent to our hotel, right a opening (Saturday a.m.) We were the first ones in and the only ones there...perfect.

Ordered Thai iced teas as we sat down, and got our order in as the waitress served our drinks. Spicy basil and beef (#3 spicy level - for wifey, pad thai and broccoli beef for daughters (#1 spicy), BBQ chicken (#1 spicy) for me.

My BBQ chicken was a little on the dry side, but when dipped in the provided sauce, all was forgiven. Yummo. Basil and beef was typical, as was the Pad Thai and broccoli beef. Nothing outstanding here, but decent, "as can be expected" Thai cuisine.

Daughter #1 said the Pad Thai was a little hotter than #1, but overall the food was tasty, the bill was fair and the service was prompt enough for us to make it out of there and to our seminar with seconds to spare.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Have been here 4 times in the past two months. Great Pad Thai, perfect spicyness. Only issue is that I ordered Crispy Chicken Roll and it was frozen when I got it...Twice. Very Long wait at lunch.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I cannot comment on the food because I only stopped in to purchase a gift card. however, I can say that the customer service is above and beyond. They went out of their way to allow me to purchase a gift card in a denomination that I needed even though it was not normally offered. Very impressed with this business.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Quick seating and informative staff. I asked for suggestions and I ended up with yellow curry chicken. So wonderful. Also tried Crab Fried Rice...amazing!! Great prices during lunch. Ample portions.

1  Thank epiphany30