“Never on my lunch break again”
Review of The Burger Palace

The Burger Palace
Ranked #94 of 8,244 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: The Burger Palace offers delicious, gourmet burgers of all varieties in Houston, Texas. Come try our incredible Akaushi Kobe beef burger!
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never on my lunch break again”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went there on my lunch break and the service was terrible - no smile, nothing plus it took about 10 minutes before someone brought me a menu. My burger and fries were good but it took half an hour from the time I ordered it til it came to my table and the $17.50 for lunch won't bring me back. Guess I'll have to keep looking.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Candy S

Austin, Texas
“Burger Palace.. For the King of Burgers”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Their Kobe burger is truly one of the best i have ever had. Get it Medium or Medium rare if you are true beef aficionado. The twice fried fries are awesome too and the onion rings rocked. Its a little pricey and the service wasnt fast, but the food was worth it!

• Visited June 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good burger, awesome Parmesan fries”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We had some really good burgers at this place but the fries really were amazing.

My milkshake was very average, but overall really enjoyable experience.

Arlington, Texas
“All about the burgers”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place had great reviews, and legitimately so. I went solo for a late lunch weekday while traveling, only a couple people in the place; while there isn't a bar to sit at, there is a row of seating along the wall so you don't feel like you're on display for eating by yourself.

Seems it used to be an order-at-the-counter burger place that has been made over with new decor. So - it is a nice place to relax now. There is also a large beer and wine selection. I was worried walking in that the prices were going to be outrageous as there are signs about it all being Kobe beef, etc. The burgers were more expensive - but not $20 or anything.

I was steered away from the "False Calamari" (deep fat fried bell peppers) and to mozzarella-tomato salad - see the pic. It was quite good with a tangy vinegar across the top. Next I went with the Vietnamese Burger (also a recommendation by the waitress), and a Napa Slaw. The burger was served on a really large, fresh bun that dwarfed the thick patty. Although the large bun was necessary to contain the large number of ingredients topping the patty.

Plenty of other specialty burgers to choose from, as well as Chicken-based sandwiches. A satisfying low-key lunch meal that was not over the top like many restaurants in this part of town, and not bottom of the barrel chain burger place that can be found nearby. Parking at peak periods will be an issue as there are a number of popular places in the strip center. I will return and try other burgers.

• Visited May 2014
“Juicy Burgers”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited on the recommendation of TA. Food is everything the other reviews say it is. I had the Swiss Bacon Burger which was a real melt in the mouth experience.

Only 1 waiter, so service was a little slow as he was rushed but he was very friendly. It was a Monday, so the atmosphere was a little flat. Still, well worth the visit and I will definitely be back.

Visited May 2014