“Very Good Affordable Food (but bring change!!)”
Review of Cafe Pita+ - MOVED

Cafe Pita+
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bosnian restaurant seen on Diners Drive ins and Dives
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have eaten here 3 times. First time was the Pirjan cooked in a clay pot. The second time was Goulash and the third time was the stuffedPljeskavice (big hamburger). All 3 were very good. My favorite was the goulash ( I would give it 5 stars). What I like about this place is that it meets important criteria for me. Good food at low prices. I was amazed at what 8.99 gets you.

Wait staff could be better. My first two visits were slow with drink refills and bill presentation. My last visit disappoined me. My total bill was 11.63. I gave a 20 and received $8 in change. I asked where the other 37 cents where and the waiter said they were out of change so he rounded UP the bill. Now don't get me wrong, I can afford the loss of 37 cents but I was taken aback in that I didn't receive it or an explanation why until I questioned the waiter. I thought this was very unprofessional.

I would still recommend this restaurant for the dishes above if you are in the area.

1  Thank Mike60984

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Last night I took my husband to Cafe Pita on a Houston Entree group on. He was very skeptical of the place given its location and decor but he went along since my treat! Boy was he surprised! We split the delicious spinach salad and each had an entree. He had the Bosnian goulash which he said was the best he'd ever had! I had the vegetarian pizza which was wonderful. We then shared a scrumptious dessert and Bosnian coffee. The place does not serve alcohol but allows you to bring your own wine with no corkage fee. Our total bill was under $40!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Iv never had Bosnian food, but this resturant was rated so high that I had to give it a try. Im glad I did.

Everything tasted divine and home cooked. You know when you bite into your mothers food and you feel all warm inside because its that good. Yeah, the food makes you feel that way.

Service was impeccable. Friendly waitstaff that went out of their way to accodate even the weirdest requests (table behind us). Refreshing our glasses without being asked. And they never felt intreusive. Friendly smiles at all times.

I had the PIRJAN. The lamb fell off the bone! It was that moist and flakey! I died! Did I mention hearty portion sizes too? Get the Baklava Ceesecake for dessert!!! The baklava is housemade.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town for business. My peers and I try to find and eat at some of the restaurants that are featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Some are as described, some are less and some are more. Cafe Pita is in the more category. The food was wonderful. My peer had the Cevap and I had the stuffed pljeskavice and Bosnian grah. The ajvar relish and lepinja bread were good enough to make a meal of themselves. The waitress's were good and happily answered our questions. The meal was incredibly filling and an awesome value. I will be back.

1  Thank chunnicutt2000
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As most of the other people here, I found out about this place through Diners, Drive ins and Dives. I think before I begin my diatribe let mne summarize about the food. The food is very good, the atmosphere average and the service is friendly but can be slow sometimes. However the food trumps everything for me, which is why I like this place.
For me this is comfort food at its finest. The cevap, pljeskavice, Soujouk and lepinja bread are all excellent. The beef dishes are cooked thoroughly, the spices are not too overpowering and the cheese baked inside the bread is wonderful without being overwhelming. The soujouk (small beef kebabs) are excellent in that you can eat them as appetizers, eat with the bread a main course or just nibble on them throughout the meal. In addition to the Bosnian dishes, there are other Mediterranean dishes that they serve which may have a distinct Bosnian flair to them. I come for the Bosnian food and I love it. This food fills you up, the price tag is not too steep and the staff is friendly albeit sometimes they can be more attentive. I generally take this food to go and enjoy it with family and friends at home.
The restaurant used to be in a much smaller place and as you read through the earlier reviews please keep in mind that they have recently expanded and the sitting area is much bigger now.

1  Thank gillbhai