“Pleasantly surprised burritos near museums”
Review of Bodegas Taco Shop

Bodegas Taco Shop
Ranked #201 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Description: In the Museum District of Houson. Near the Museum of Fine Art and Hotel Zaza.
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm glad we ventured out from Houston natural history museum for our visit. We enjoyed large burritos prepared to order in front of our eyes. Carnitas were particularly good. Margaritas were OK. We would go again if in the area.

1  Thank Int_Bus_Travel

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Where should you go before or after soaking up all those knowledge from the Houston museums? Go get some delicious tacos from Bodega's!

Located beside MFAH's visitor center and behind the Natural Science Museum, Bodega's is a convenient food stop for those who are exploring the Museum District. In fact, I would daresay that this is best food stop you can make in the Museum District!

Bodega's is a super chill cafe that is perfect for casual hangouts or dates. The food is pretty cheap and fulfilling, so you don't ever have to worry about nuking your wallet going there! Of course, I wouldn't recommend this place if the food wasn't any good!

Frankly I am not a fan of Mexican food, but Bodega's is one of the few places I'm willing to ignore my anti-preference. My personal favorite is shrimp taco, which comes piping hot and overfilled in trio plus a large drink for less than $10. There are also other combos including fish tacos and chicken fingers.

Good food, great service, chill atmosphere made my experience there terrific!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We needed a place to eat while visiting the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences and this restaurant, on the ground floor of an office complex, was conveniently located. You go down a line where the tacos & burritos are filled with the ingredients you want. My veggie corn tacos were excellent.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm really not a big fan of the Chipotle/Freebirds/Bullrito type spots. They're ok, but just not really my thing. Was in the area for work & this was the 1st place that popped up on a taco search, so I went for it.

Walked in & was greeted quickly. Seeing my lost & confused look one of the guys asked if this was my 1st go & gave me the run down. He said the magic words "fish tacos" & I was all in.

Very clean inside & noticed they have a full bar. Nice little patio area, so I chose to sit out there. It was the start of the lunch period & the staff kept the orders moving; both take out & dine in.

The waitress brought my food out & I gotta say I was impressed! I love love love fish tacos. This spot is 1 of the very few that give you a full piece of fish in EACH taco vs. a small spoonful of flakes. The seasoning was lightly done, which I think is a good thing. Not salty/over spiced to the point you can't taste the fish. The slaw in the tacos gave a good crunch. My side of cilantro rice & refried black beans were yummo as well!

The prices are great & you will get your $$$ worth for sure. Only got through 1 1/2 tacos & a little of the sides. The leftovers made a great lunch the next day.

Great spot & IMO they've got these other burrito type places beat.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place to walk to for a quick bite if you are at the museum of natural history. It's only about two blocks away. The fish tacos are good to try.