“Very enjoyable evening”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
“Very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Setting in an old house is very inviting. Each dining area was small, intimate, and, as a result, quiet.

It was our first visit and had several of our adult children with us for dinner. We dined off the HRW menu, which was very expansive. We had lamb, chicken, salmon, and vegetarian plate. The accompanying wines were excellent and moderately priced.

We recommend the restaurant for the food, service, and ambiance.

Visited August 2013

Antwerp
“Great food but really terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were a party of 10, celebrating a birthday. We all had the restaurant week menu. The food was above my expectations, however the waiters were completely incapable. Wrong drinks, people got no drinks than fourty minutes later got two,... same for the desserts, and than a long argue about the bill. 22.25% tip seriously guys?

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JeroenP
Houston, Texas
“Overpriced for average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Pros: Nice atmosphere, great tomato/basil soup, good selection of wines, nice waiter
Cons: Overpriced for the quality of food--$19.95 for a vegetable plate, $6 for bottle of Perrier (the only sparkling water they serve), spinach looked and tasted like it was frozen spinach, pork chops were tough

After reading all the 5 star reviews, my husband and I were disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank jsr6961
“Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

One of Houston's best kept secret restaurants. I have eaten out in Houston a lot, and I had never heard of this little gem. They say they have been there for almost 7 years, but I can hardly believe I missed them. Of course, I've been mostly in NM for the last 7 years. On a little side street, Colquitt, just off Shepherd near Trader Joe's, a touch of Paris is hiding, Au Petit Paris, restaurant. Charming little place with traditional French food. Medium priced and a real treat. My friend had traditional French Onion Soup, Burgundy Escargot, and Shrimp Napoleon Salad. I had healthy Fish crepes and leek soup. It was not crowded, has indoor and outdoor seating and a lovely old world style bar. My friend is always on a quest for good French onion soup and escargot, and she was very pleased with her meal. Said it was the best she'd had lately in Houston. They also do catering. Try it out, it's one of my new favorites. Lots of awards:
Alison Cook's Top 100 Restaurants - 2012 (Houston Chronicle) . Houston Top 10 French Restaurant - 2012 (America's Top Ten Club) . Best Top 10 Romantic Restaurant - 2010
(America's Top Ten Club) . Best Top 10 Restaurants in Texas - 2009 (Texas Monthly) .
Best Top 10 New Restaurant in Houston - 2007 (Houston Chronicle)

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

A 5 star!
Finally, I find a good restaurant with real good food in Houston.
I am from Paris and I am very picky about the quality, this place is literally amazing.
It can easily compete with some of the best restaurant in Manhattan...And it is incredibly not expansive !
I never had such amazing people taking care of me.
Waiters were super nice and easy going, the owner was there to make sure we were having a good time.
The food is perfect.

You will definitely have a great time going there.
We came back 3 days after