Candlewood Suites Houston IAH / Beltway 8
  • Room Service
$235
$200
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$262
The Houstonian(Houston)
$399
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$219
$334
$299
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Room was the norm from staying at other candle wood properties. There was a slight odor of previously used pesticide or similar. Front desk staff was friendly.
Being close to the airport, airliner activity was noticeable!

• Stayed: January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston IAH / Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Charles B,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that we fell short of our goal on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a Priority Club member, I make it a point to stay at the Candlewood near IAH when I'm in town on business. I enjoy the Manager's receptions and the Front Desk folks are ALWAYS super! Rooms are clean and just like every other Candlewood.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm not sure about all the other good reviews written about this hotel/motel (probably written by the hotel staff themselves). I stayed at hotel for a month. It was fine for the most part EXCEPT:

1) A VERY rude female staff member (female in her llate 20s or early 30s) who work at the front desk (All other front desk staff are fine). See below.

2) Unreliable shuttle service. It is late 8 times out 10 with NO APOLOGY whatsoever. Most of the times are at least 15-20 minutes late. One time I missed my flight because the shuttle was 45 minutes late. Not to mentioned I had reserved for the pick-up well in advance. Again, no apology from the hotel front desk at all. When I called front desk to ensure driver was on the way, I was told by the same female front desk member that I was not the only guest who needed the shuttle service and she proceeded to hang up the phone on me. This had happened on several occassions. UNBELIEVABLE! Honestly, she was the most UNPROFESSIONAL hotel personnel I have ever encountered and I travel every week so I have stayed at many different hotels.

3) Rooms are starting to fall apart. For the month I have stayed there in different rooms, I have seen ants in the bathroom, sticky substance all over the work desk in the room, lights that did not work or have fallen off the wall, toilet rim, bathub floor, refrigerator with stains.

I worked at Houston for another 6 months and would have continued to stay in this hotel for those 6 months. However, due to the extreme unrprofessionalism and rudeness of the female staff mentioned above on more than one occassion (P.S. I have also heard the same thing spoken about this female staff from other hotel guests and the hotel's own drivers), I cancelled all my reservations at this hotel. This hotel lost 6 months' worth of my business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cloudlesssky c
MsSuitePeach, VP, PMI Hotels INC at Candlewood Suites Houston IAH / Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Cloudlessly,

Thank you for your valuable input regarding your recent stay. I also appreciate that we are corresponding privately to discuss your personal experiences. Your feedback is invaluable as I have stated, and it has affected immediate change.
The rude service from any employee will never be tolerated; and the employee in question will be advised by her manager today. Should any guest at any hotel ever experience something like this, it is always wise to contact the hotel manager and/or the Management Company immediately. We will always take immediate action! Again, we are in the business of SERVICE!
The van company who provided the previous shuttle driving has been let go. We now handle the shuttle service in house, with our own certified drivers- ensuring you personal service. I wont let a guest miss a flight again!
Cloudlessly, for you and all guests- please contact Upper Management when you have experiences such as these. We are at the ready to make it right.
Thank you for your feedback, it made it better for all future guests
Liz Beneski

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. Comfortable bed, excellent air conditioning/heating, flat screen tv, DVD player with library at the front desk, full kitchen, and well appointed bathroom. Very close to IAH, however you must travel should you want to go to a sit down restaurant or a shopping center. I thought the noise from the Beltway would be a problem, but has not bothered me at all. There is an on site convenience store, and it is based on the honor system. Most of the staff is very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the west (sunset), odd number rooms face the east (sunrise). The higher number rooms x40-x46 are furthest away from the beltway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MICHAEL S
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Really a full suite with everything you need to cater for yourself contained in your room. They run a small shop that's open 24 hours. Eat in, take out an delivery options available in the area, as well as groceries, so it's easy to manage everything yourself.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business