“Decent Mexican for a high end place.”

guadalajara del centro
Ranked #40 of 8,237 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
TX
“Decent Mexican for a high end place.”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Out of town business associates wanted Mexican and having no car, they chose this. Pretty standard fare; had a great verde sauce for the never ending chips. Decent happy hour margaritas. Attentive service.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Queenstown, Maryland
“Excellent Tex Mex”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Been several times with small and large groups of business associates. Great drinks and food. Service is very good. Only complaint - those warm tortilla chips and salsa keep magically reappearing!

• Visited May 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Good food, good drinks, but they STOLE”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I should start with the positive. The atmosphere is really great, I loved the food and drinks they brought to me. It was a little overpriced but that's what happens in downtown Houston next to the hotel district. The service was alright; it was definitely clear our server wanted us to leave as we arrived fairly late and they began cleaning up out from under us. Having been a server, I understand this.

However, when we left, I got the bill, paid with a card, and left a generous tip. My server must not have thought so as when I got the bill my statement showed a higher amount than I left on the receipt. I will not return to this restaurant as I do not frequent any establishment that inflates tips after the customer leaves (it was a party of two, so don't think it was the 15% standard upcharge for 6 or more). Final thoughts on the restaurant CONSUMER BEWARE

• Visited June 2014
Elk, Washington
“Great Food, Great Drinks”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Came here as part of a conference trip. The place was extremely busy and the wait staff was a little overwhelmed, but very friendly. Came twice in the same week and loved the food.

Visited May 2014
Allentown, PA
“Nice find downtown”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Their complementary salsa and chips were good enough to get us to come back, but we found everything to be very well done.

We has the ceviche of the house which was bright and flavorful. Their house special enchiladas were outstanding and the tacos were good too. All the accompaniments were also very tasty. Large portions. The only thing we didn't care for was the smoked chicken flauta. But I would definitely go back next time I'm in town.