“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of guadalajara del centro

guadalajara del centro
Ranked #52 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Killeen, Texas
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent pollo Vallarta and I don't like sweet potatoes, but their mix of massed sweet potato with jalapeños and other stuff made it great and very enjoyable.
I'll will return!

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Mediocre food and awful service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant because we were looking for authentic Mexican food in Houston (and it was near our downtown hotel). This place is NOT the spot you want to go for anything authentic. The fajitas were warm (not hot), the grilled vegetables were mushy as if they had been cooked hours ago and re-warmed. The guacamole was tasteless (how does that happen - I've never had guacamole that had no taste) and the chips were similar to any generic tortilla chip brand you find in a grocery store. The corn tortillas were not fresh and my husband said the shrimp in his tacos was mediocre at best. I couldn't even eat half of my food, and the server came up and asked how everything was. I told her that it actually wasn't very good and we expected the food to be better. She just said "Oh, okay" and cleared my plates. I wasn't looking for a free meal, but some sort of empathy would have been nice. Never again! We also told the concierge at our hotel to never send anyone else there... what a disappointment.

Visited December 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
“Amazing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Fabio was amazing took care of us like royalty. The margarita was perfect mango ice tea awesome the creamy cilantro was amazing the chips salsa you can't stop eating the place is very modern like a 4 star has a nice VIP type lounge up too the place has amazing tex next when you come ask for Fabio he will treat you like a rock star

Houston, Texas
“Very good TexMex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Having been to the location in The Woodlands regularly for lunch, we decided to go here during a night out in the city. Food is very good, and they have a pretty extensive tequila menu. While I love the beef fajitas, I decided to try the Shrimp and Grits, and they were perfect.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas, United States
“Horrible experience due to rude/incompetent staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I contacted the manager more than a week in advance regarding reservations for 16 people on 11/7/13 for a birthday event. To make sure it was taken care of, I called the day before to confirm.

Upon arriving, we were treated like idiots by the hostess. (11/7/13 @ 7:30p) She smarted off multiple times in front of our party, saying we were wrong and we probably called the wrong location. 1. I've been to this location over 20 times this year alone and 2. I'm a medical professional clearly capable of dialing a phone number.

The manager who approached, hispanic male, was more rude than the hostess. Continually griped that if I didn't know the name of the person I spoke with on the phone, he couldn't help me. I was not aware one needed to obtain the full name of the person answering the phone to make a reservation.

We waited well over an hour, in that time, our party dissipated from 16 to 8 people; ruining my co-workers birthday.

• Visited November 2013