“Shrimp and Grits to die for!”

guadalajara del centro
Ranked #36 of 8,283 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Shrimp and Grits to die for!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy Mexican food so we have eaten at a number of restaurants over the years. We were extremely impressed with Guadalajara del Centro. The service was fabulous and the food was out of this world. I had the shrimp and grits (I know, I know, this is not Mexican food) and it was the best I've ever had. My wife, a vegetarian, had the spinach and mushroom enchilada and she loved it. Guadalajara has moved to the top three list of our favorite Mexican food restaurants and we would definitely go back when we are in Houston.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The food was wonderful, as was the service provided by Hector. We really enjoyed the sangria. The prices were a bit high for Tex Mex but it was worth it.

Boston, Massachusetts
“By all measures ...”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

By all reasonable standards of service, this place excels. The atmosphere is lively and exciting. The wait staff are remarkable for their attentiveness, knowledge of the menu, and enthusiasm for the cuisine. (Shout out to Samuel A for exemplary service.) Now ... for the food. Menu is creative, but the quality is top-notch.

If you're serving Tex-Mex in Houston, you better be good. This place knows it's business. Fresh fish, classical dishes, and superb salsa.

Top it off with very reasonable prices, and this is a find.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, MD
“Excellent Tex-Mex downtown restaurant, convenient to hotels and ballparks, and open on Sunday.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious Mexican dinner at Guadalajara del Centro after a Sunday Astros game. Our server Jorge was welcoming, knowledgeable, and very efficient, and each of our entrees delicious! My enchilada marisco was chock full of quality seafood and in a delicious sauce. My companions' entrees were equally appreciated, and the desserts were too, though we didn't have much room for them. Decor was lively and conducive to a great ambiance.

Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Good location, great Mexican food, and awesome chips n salsa”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in Houston for 1 night and our hotel recommended Guadalajara's. My friend and I were not disappointed! Here is my honest and unbiased opinion:

The location was in walking distance to the hotel, which was a plus. We only had to wait around 15 minutes considering the place was full for a Wednesday night. Our server was attentive and made sure we always had chips and salsa. Also, I was able to practice my Spanish with him. The food was great and the margarita's deliciously tasty. The establishment was friendly and inviting.

I would recommend Guadalajara's to anybody who loves Mexican food! Last, but not least I give 5 stars to the salsa! We loved the recipe (although the garlic will stay with you longer than you want, LOL)! Kudos!