“Great guacamole”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We started with their great guacamole with flour chips. It's a bit chunkier than the average Tex-Mex and is right up there with Pappacitos. The dish I had was 3 bacon wrapped shrimp on top of a flank steak that was big time tender. Came with rice and sweet potatoes. This is a stylish restaurant with a great menu. My guest had beef fajitas and he tore them up. This restaurant was downtown close to the convention center. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We must have hit them on a good night after reading some of the reviews. We had a great dining experience. The wait staff were courteous and helpful. My wife went with a shrimp/chicken dinner which she raved about. Her quote "Best meal and we can eat here all week." I went simple with a couple enchiladas that turned out very tasty. We'll probably be back to this spot in the next few days for a repeat meal.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friends and I tried this restaurant on a recent business trip to Houston. It was close to our hotel and we figured we couldn't go wrong with Tex Mex in Texas (wrong!). First, we were seated immediately across from the washroom which we accepted because it was busy. However, it was our meal which really made the experience disappointing. We ordered a sampler plate to start which seemed like frozen odds and ends that had been thrown in a deep fryer. Very tasteless and inauthentic. My friend and I ordered the special (grilled shrimp tacos) which were simply awful. The plates came out and the tacos had huge pieces of brie cheese melted on them!!?? My friend's plate was served without any of the 'extras' on it (e.g., the weird sweet queso sauce, brie, toppings) even though she did not order it that way (although in retrospect, that was a blessing - she should have kept it that way). My other friend ordered the chicken fajitas and a few of the chicken pieces were raw! Our server did take the plates back but by that time, we were really put off by the whole experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food and service were great! The wait time was a bit long every time we visited - about 35 minutes. There are happy hour specials, though, which made the wait more tolerable.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have had good food here before and thought we would give it another try late afternoon on a Saturday. People were packed at the bar and our wait was only 20 minutes which was perfect for having a drink before dinner.
Our 20 minute wait turned into 40 minutes and we could see many others had also been told a shorter wait time that was not at all accurate. We asked, others asked, but they just could not handle the customers.
After 50 minutes we left and most likely will not return. Sure the food is good but Houston has literally hundreds of good to exceptional Mexican restaurants.
Staff needs to be up front and honest at the onset to customers.