“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Airway Inn

Airway Inn
Ranked #379 of 504 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This facility is a motel and could use some upgrading and the reason for an average score. The room was clean, water was hot, the bed was comfortable and the AC worked fine. What more do you need for $55? Front desk manager and shuttle driver were friendly. Even had the small continental breakfast out before it was time and the coffee was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I almost didn't stay here, but I gave them a chance. 1st sign was when I called from the airport and they told me that the shuttle service didn't start until 5pm. So I had to pay about $15 for a taxi. The "hotel" and I use that term loosely, looked more like a motel and the area seemed to be in the middle of no where. Check in was easy. The room was average. I had a king bed. Lighting was good and it had a coffee pot, iron, microwave and fridge. The bathroom was questionable. There was hair on the floor, a stain on the front of the toilet and the bathroom door looked as if it had been through hell. Paint splashes and some other stains on the door. The bed spread was flimsy and I was glad I brought long PJs. I believe I got what I paid for (kind of) and if you're looking for elegance, this is not it. However, for a one day turn around, it was OK.
The staff was nice and I did get a shuttle ride to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I brought 2 kids here for a brief overnight stay for a layover. We needed to be close to the airport and airport transportation was a bonus. Because we arrived so late, we had to cab it over but we did catch the shuttle in the morning.

The room was as expected and the staff was super nice. No problems and had a good overnight rate.

Room Tip: If you need something, call ahead. I requested 2 beds and got what I wanted.