“Great Choice for Med Center Stays”

Courtyard Houston Medical Center
Ranked #159 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Spring
“Great Choice for Med Center Stays”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Although a little on the "pricey" side, you absolutely get what you pay for here at the Courtyard. Beautiful modern decor, great lobby with computers/printers for use. Lobby bistro/bar available (no free meals however you can choose an option when making your reservation to include breakfast in your stay. Very close to tons of restaurants and shopping. My favorite part of the lobby is a huge interactive touch screen which shows you where local restaurants, shops, and major attractions in the city are in reference to the hotel, and you can print turn by turn directions straight from the interactive touch screen.. LOVED playing with this thing! Found a great restaurant 3mi away then finished off at the Chocolate Bar, YUM. Then I came back to my room, climbed into the comfy bed with squishy pillows and drifted off to dreamland. No noise issues whatsoever. The staff were all SUPER friendly, and willing to help at every turn. Free wifi and Free parking, so yay for that! My favorite thing: This was hotel 3 that I had to stay at this week due to business, and they were the only ones who acknowledged my request to turn down the AC in my room prior to my arrival. I called to let them know when I would be checking in, and what I wanted to temp to be. I walked in to a crisp 70 degree hotel room!!!! Such a little thing you would think but in Texas heat, if those AC's arent on, it can take hours to get the room down to a comfortable temperature. Not a problem here :) thanks Courtyard staff,will stay again if I need to be in the area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank JJHizak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Great location to Rice University n Texas Medical Center. Stayed weekend of June 7-8 2014. Rooms large n clean. Beds comfortable. Towels small and a bit rough but overall good for business travelers. Next to a Marriott Residence Inn as usual. Checkout at noon a plus.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank texasmd1
Reviewed June 8, 2014

A modern facility with well furnished rooms. Everything was clean and the staff are both friendly and knowledgeable. Free parking and free Wi-Fi make the stay so much more comfortable. Rooms are quite spacious. A Kroger store is just across the road, which is super convenient, as breakfast is not free, and their selection is limited. A canteen in the bobby, served by independents, charge for everything. The pool is small and rarely occupied. The hotel has a shuttle, which I assume goes to near-by places, like the Medical Center area.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is not in front or adjacent to the vending and ice machines.
1 Thank 550hashima
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Houston Medical Center was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future
Phoenix
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I use the term affordable liberally here. It is often a $200/night Courtyard. However it often the most affordable Marriott property in the area. It is next to a grocery store and close to restaurants. My other higher priced option is very convenient to where I need to be. This is slightly less so, but makes up for it in price, service, and the ability to walk to nearby stores and restaurants. They also seem a lot more eager to please you than most and has a more "can do" attitude. After this last stay and the price gouging of the closer to where I need to be Courtyard, I would say this one has won my business over the higher priced closer in alternative.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerfromArizona
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We recently stayed 1 night at this Courtyard near the Medical Center. We arrived very early because of anticipated bad weather and were allowed to check-in. Megan even gave us a choice of where on the high floor we wanted to be located. We chose a room near the elevator and ice machine and never heard a sound. When Megan noticed that I had my hands full and was having a problem with my suitcase, she came around the counter and accompanied us to our room with my suitcase in hand. We were given a bag with Hershey's kisses upon check-in. Just around the corner, a table was set up with cookies and lemonade. We did not have time to use the work-out room, pool, or Bistro so I'll leave those reviews to other guests. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review!!! Its positive feedback like yours that motivates our associates to deliver such fantastic customer service like you experienced. We do thrive for superior customer service and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here. Hopefully the next time you come to visit you will be able to take advantage of our complementary High Speed Internet, Pool and Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Zen Garden, and Bistro. We hope to see you back soon!
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed May 27, 2014

it was my first time at this hotel, and its very comfy, i like a lot.. the service and everything was excellent.. we had a problem with one room and they change it with no problem.. and near of all the hospitals.

Giddings, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed a second time this year at this hotel in May. We made reservations on line only to find that the handicapped room we had confirmed on our reservation was not available. We were there for two nights and both of us needed to have a walk-in shower. The room they had available for us did not have the walk-in shower and the attendant did not seem to be concerned that the room we had reserved was not available. So different from the attendants that we encountered on our first visit in March. The room was comfortable but did not meet our needs. We also found it difficult to use the shuttle because it was not handicapped accessible.
We were to receive services at Methodist hospital.

Room Tip: I don't know a tip to help travelers, reservations do not guarantee the room you have reserved.
1 Thank Paula Massengal... W