“Best customer service when you need it most”

Courtyard Houston Medical Center
Ranked #164 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Denver, Colorado
“Best customer service when you need it most”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The facilities and cleanliness of this Courtyard are what you would expect. What makes it so special is the outstanding customer service. Going to MD Anderson (as many guests are) can be very stressful. The front desk staff and especially Anna know that fact and are as kind and personable as they are professional and helpful. Male shuttle driver Stacey motherly suggested I bring a sweater, as the hospital can be as cold as Houston is hot. The shuttle not only provides service to the various hospitals, but to a five mile area that includes shopping and restaurants, making a rental car unnecessary. For whatever reason you are in this part of Houston, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ravenstokes
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and mentioning our staff members by their name. We will share your comments with the staff especially Anna and Stacy. We have found that our guest are our greatest resource to inform other about what we offer here at the Courtyard. We are also pleased to hear that you have rated our customer service as the best. That is what we are commented to, great customer service and clean rooms. Thank you for your business and choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We look forward to welcoming you again when you come to visit the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My son and I stayed over the 4th of July weekend as he checked into University of Houston. From the first person to greet us to the driver the arranged to take me to the airport this Courtyard is far above the rest. While all courtyards I have stayed in are clean and well managed, this one is a cut above the rest. I plan on being in Houston for a series every month during baseball season and this is where I will stay. thank you so much for a most enjoyable stay Well Done!

Room Tip: Loved our room, quiet sunny and overlooked the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear valued guest,
We are delighted to here that our hotel stands out above the rest. We will defiantly share your comments with the staff and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Thank you for your business.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel must have been recently updated. My room and the lobby smelled and looked new. Everything was very clean. The staff was extremely helpful. 2 of my business associates and I used the lobby as our meeting center for 2 days. Even though the lobby bar wasn’t scheduled to open until 5:00pm, they started waiting on us at 3:00pm. There was no Diet Mt Dew in the market fridge and they found me 2 bottles so I would have some in the morning. There was a washcloth pet in my room when I checked in. Many of the courtesies were services I only expect when staying at a full service Marriott. The alarm clock shines the time on the ceiling, which saved me from rolling over. The water was hot in the shower and the pressure was good. This will be my home away from home when I am working in the Houston area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time out to let everyone know about your stay at our location. We are excited to hear that you have chosen our hotel to be your home away from home. We have found that customer feed back is one of our best resources when informing other guest about our hotel. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Austin TX
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to the fact it was within walking distance to the Houston Stock Show & Rodeo. But the hotel provided transportation every hour to and from it. Upon checking in I noticed this place was pretty much new where the interior still smelled fresh. Out check in process was quick and easy and the staff were very friendly.

This place even has a small pool but too cold outside to swim. After we settled in we used their shuttle to get to the fairgrounds. But had to walk back since they stopped their service at 7 pm. When we returned we hung out at the bar.

The next day we woke up early and walked to the fairgrounds. It is safe to walk so I would not worry about it. Our room was nice and had a pull out sofa bed. Everything worked properly except the shower valve where it seemed to be either extreme hot or cold. It took some adjustment to get it right.

Check out was not a problem either and the staff again was very friendly and nice.

Besides the rodeo it is also a great place to stay at to see a Houston Texans game!

Room Tip: The only rooms with a decent view are the back ones with a view of Texas Medical Center.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear valued guest,
It was a our pleasure to have you as guest at our hotel. We also would like to thank you for taking time out to tell everyone about your stay. Thank you for your report about the faucet and we will make sure to get this issue resolved. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you for the 2014 Live Stock Show
Waco, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were happy and comfortable during our stay. There seems to be a shortage of parking, so we tried not to come back late. Easy access for the Medical Center. Would like a little more lighting in the elevator area. Did not expore the dining portion of the hotel. Staff were very courteous and helpful during my telephone calls and during check in/out. Would stay here again. My husband would have liked an ottoman or low table, as he sometimes need to sleep sitting up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Trip Advisor. We find that our guest are the best form of feed back. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Plano, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest Courtyards I have stayed at. It had a very large lobby area, friendly front desk staff, and a decent in house restaurant. I had to cut my trip short, but would have enjoyed staying a few days at this location. It is close to the hospitals, reasonably priced, and there is good shopping and nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2013
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are delighted to hear that this is one of the nicest Courtyards that you have stayed in. Thank you for your comments about the staff and we will pass this on during our next meeting. We thank you for choosing our hotel needs, and wish you the best in regards to cutting your trip short. We hope to see you again in the future.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is only rated a 2 star but I found it to be very comfortable, the room was excellent and a very cool retreat from the heat. It was well located for both downtown, the Medical Center and southern Houston. Parking is free too.
The staff are very accommodating and allowed me to check in early as I had to get ready for a meeting.
There was a small problem with the plug not staying down in the sink and whenever you switch the shower on for the first few seconds the water is brown! But this does clear quickly - I was told that this was an issue they were aware of and it happened in several rooms and they were in the process of fixing it.
Overall however I felt that this was an ideal place to be with access to many of the areas I needed to be.

Room Tip: Rooms right at the top may experience some noise from the heating/cooling units on the roof. But I b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued hotel guest,
I would like to thank you for taking time out to let everyone know about your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Houston Medical Center. We value the opinion of our guests and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.