All reviews medical center nrg stadium standard courtyard courtyard marriott front desk reliant stadium texas children's hospital med center van service medical facilities convenient hotel rice university starbucks coffee king room short drive lobby area free shuttle
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We chose this location because it was close to Rice University where our son was graduating. The rooms were impeccably kept. While we were there, we had the opportunity to use the workout facility, which is much better than many hotels. The workout room was large with plenty of equipment. The temperature in the workout room was comfortable too. Each machine in the workout room was equipped with a TV. In addition, we spent time by the pool and in the jacuzzi. This area is beautiful with a lounge area on an elevated level above the pool. Perhaps the only downside of our hotel room is the fact that the hotel uses a dish network. During heavy storms we lost the TV signal several times and were not able to check in on the weather. Still, we had an enjoyable, relaxing stay at the Courtyard and would definitely visit it again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RussandAnne
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community. We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. We truly strive to make every guest part of our family. We really enjoyed having you with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a first time stay over the weekend. Convenient to downtown area, about 3-4 miles.
Nice lobby and attentive staff. Went downstairs to the lobby for coffee. Cafe didn't open for another hour. The on duty manager personally went and made a cup of coffee for me and another guest. This service, which I find rare, was nice.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zacharyb B

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed there over a weekend in April as I was visiting family in the Texas Medical Center. King room was very spacious. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Lobby looked great and very up to date. I know Courtyards typically dont have free breakfast, but I have been to other Courtyards that have at least have free coffee downstairs, this one did not. I was a little disappointed in that. I made some in the room, but we all know that is not the same. Also, they don't provide to go cups in the room.

The only other drawback was the price. I was there on the weekend and got a great rate of $89 for AAA. But I noticed during the week, it's almost 179-210 a night. That being said, if you can get it for 110 or less it's great deal. I would never pay 179 a night for it. Not sure why it's that high during the week.

Overall it was a good hotel and Marriott experiance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was here for a business meeting that required a large shipment on a pallet to be shipped in and out. This can be tricky at some facilities but the staff at this hotel made everything a breeze. Most notably the Mirela and Ciara were great help along this process. With their help, I was able to zip in and out and make it home a full day early.

Thanks again Mirela and Ciara!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community. We are excited to hear that our team member where able to assist you with getting home earlier then anticipated. Mirela and Ciara wanted to thank you for mentioning their name online. We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. We truly strive to make every guest part of our family. We really enjoyed having you with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I normally stay at the Marriott Huston Medical Center, but wanted to try something different...a hotel with larger rooms. I am a fan of Marriott's Courtyard Hotels. Large, spacious rooms, a great size bathroom with storage...something you don't often find in hotel bathrooms.

Super front desk staff! I am amazed that they were able to greet me by name whenever I walked through the lobby.

My only complaint was the condition of the room. The sofa fabric was worn, a few stains on the carpet made the room appear that it was not well kept.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lachoirboy
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your time, patience, and feedback. We greatly appreciate your effort of response to help our team at the Courtyard, to make a better experience for our guest. We gladly accept your concerns and comments and are continually working towards to better service our visitors. We are taking in new ideas and factors to fulfill and accommodate our guest needs to the highest standard. Thank you for leaving your comments and concerns as well as staying with us, hope to see you in the near future.

At your service,