“Worst Courtyard stay ever.”

Courtyard Houston Medical Center
Ranked #160 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel looks like you standard Courtyard on the out side. But there is where is stops. The majortiy of the front desk staff is not concerned with taking care of bussiness as much as they are with visiting with each other. Took almost 20 minutes to get a key programed and had to show my ID twice because she forgot what she was doing. Pipe busted in the room next door and flooded my room , called down and was put on hold 2 times. Finnaly went down and the desk clerk at 4am in the morning and he could have cared less if my room was flooded or not. Moved me to another room 3 floors down under the same room that had flooded and water was working it way down. Talked to the GM , after talking to him I can understand why the front desk staff is the way they are. Worst experiance with a Marriott branded property ever.

Room Tip: A different hotel would be your best choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SN1960
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I am reaching out to you in reference to your tripadvisor posting back in October of 2012 and on behalf of the Marriott family. I’d like to resolve this matter in your favor.

My name is Joseph Sherfield and I am the Assistant General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center located in Houston, TX. I am confident that given a chance to speak with you in person or over the phone you will see that I can turn this negative experience around, I kindly request you to give me this opportunity to see what I may be able to do for you and in turn help me and my associates earn a positive reputation for this property and motivate us to do a better job and enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to hear from you at your convenience, please feel free to call me directly at 832-214-6200 or 713-668-4500 ex 4908

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was a great hotel and the Staff was friendly and courteous. Rooms were very nice and Beds were comfy. Lobby was Beautiful. ONLY drawback, Marriott Rewards members beware, NO BENEFITS!!!!!!!!
Breakfast area has Starbucks if you like that sort of thing, but the regular coffee was just fine for me. Staff went out of their way to please during breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chew302
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights for business, and I'm glad I chose this Courtyard property. Frequent Courtyard business travelers will appreciate that this is the "newest" version of Courtyard, with the Bistro, updated lobby, new rooms, and new bathroom layout. Parking was free and ample, and property was easy to find and not to far from lots of restaurants, next door to a grocery store and a Starbucks.

My room was really nice - super clean, and had a balcony. Plenty of power outlets, very clean bathroom, no issues whatsoever. Flat panel TV with all of the good channels and no issues with WiFi. Servers in the Bistro were very chipper, efficient, and friendly.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have a few rooms with private balconies, which are a nice upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank volksaudinut
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a nice, neat property. The common areas are sleek and modern and the rooms are clean and decorated nicely. The staff is polite. Overall, they seem to run a pretty tight ship here. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This property is a newer Courtyard by Marriott. It's very clean and very comfortable. The staff was the usual Marriott staff, friendly and efficient. The room was large with a large bath. We had a king room with a nice sofa and coffee table, all nicely matched. A lovely stay,

We did have one issue. When we arrived, the WiFi was difficult to connect to. My iPhone wouldn't connect, and my partner's laptop would not either. We tried and tried on our own and finally resorted to calling for help. The front desk attendant advised us to bring our devices to the lobby and have him try. He went through the same steps we did, and after a few more times, my iPhone was connected. It took several more minutes and attempts to get my partner's laptop connected. Once we were connected, we had no further problems all weekend. I felt there should have been someone more technical to assist. The attendant had no more training, if as much, as my partner and I with regard to technology. It's just that trying over and over and waiting worked.

Another small problem was with the air conditioner. The vent from the AC blew the curtains, keeping the cool air from cooling down the room. My partner found that we could put the curtains in the waste basket and put it on the AC unit, allowing the cool air into the room. Ingenious!

Room Tip: You may want to be closer to the elevators. It can be a hike to the far rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdRockster
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Had to stay 2 nights for an interview at Texas Children's Hospital and had a very pleasant experience. Staff were extremely courteous and professional. Relatively new property, very clean and spacious, great pool in back, and the decor is very aesthetically pleasing and thoughtfully designed - plenty of outlets, comfortable bedding, flat screen tv, etc. Can't beat it for $69/night!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Have to come to Houston monthly for medical reasons and this time tried this hotel. Amenities in the room were awesome. Loved the easy access to electrical plug below beside light for charging cell phones. Bathroom was spacious and tub area was real nice. Love the balcony that opened up. I read this was a non smoking hotel and it even mentions it in the booklet in the room and a fine for smoking, however when we went to use the ice bucket the top of it wreaked of cigarette smoke. I do not smoke and have a lung condition so that smokey smell was not good. The a/c was hard to regulate and I got cold and had to find and extra blanket because thermostat wouldnt change. Bathroom floor looked like it didnt get mopped. Something red like spot on floor, I took towel and wiped it down.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business