All reviewsmedical centernrg stadiumcourtyard marriottreliant stadiumfront deskmed centerrice universitystarbucks coffeeking roomfree shuttlelobby areaoutdoor poolwould stay here againthe hotel offersbusiness tripbed was comfortableup to date
Reviewed November 29, 2011

They didn't help two ladies by theirselves with their luggage at all.spent two nights. There for cancer checkup. The rooms stunk so bad took 4 rooms before found one we could breathe in.upon checkout asked for cart because luggage too heavy for us carry. I started taking out our stuff to cat in garage while my friend waited in room for cart when I went through lobby told desk asked for cart never got one lady just shook head yes. Got back to room we had take rest of stuff to car
Never got a cart. TV was on desk on left side room wasn't in front of bed so if u were on left side of bed u really couldn't see it. THIS is a courtyard Marriott hotel and was worse hotel I've ever stayed in an I have traveled a lot. Find another hotel don't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I am reaching out to you in reference to your tripadvisor posting back in November of 2011 and on behalf of the Marriott family. I’d like to resolve this matter in your favor.

My name is Joseph Sherfield and I am the Assistant General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center located in Houston, TX. I am confident that given a chance to speak with you in person or over the phone you will see that I can turn this negative experience around, I kindly request you to give me this opportunity to see what I may be able to do for you and in turn help me and my associates earn a positive reputation for this property and motivate us to do a better job and enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to hear from you at your convenience, please feel free to call me directly at 832-214-6200 or 713-668-4500 ex 4908

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Updated hotel with nice lobby area and bistro. The bistro is a new Courtyard dining set up - more like a coffee shop/walk up counter with seating around it. The service is inconsistent. Some days I waited for a person to help me, and when I ordered oatmeal each day, what was included with the oatmeal was sometimes different. Overall, however, the hotel is comfortable and great for business or personal use. The rooms are large, the beds are great, and the room was in working order. My husband didn't love the fitness center, but it is typical of most Courtyard hotels. When I returned to Houston the following week, I rebooked at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The building itself is nice, the lobby is inviting and it has a nice little cafe/bar inside, though I never chose to eat there. Parking seems a little short but I had no problems parking in their small garage beneath the hotel. The staff was professional, although not really overly friendly, they seem pretty serious and get you in & out with no pleasantries, that was fine with me, but might be a source of some of the complaints on here. The room was very nicely furnished and decorated. The location is great if you are going to Rice (as I was), downtown is close, Texas Medical Center is right down the road and Reliant Stadium is literally across the street and pretty easily walk-able. All that being said I have two complaints that I think would prevent me from staying here again. The first is not a huge deal, but the walls seem to be unusually thin. The first night I just thought they were just talking loudly, but the second night it seemed to be different people and it sounded as if they were talking at a normal level, yet I could hear them as if I was in the room. Secondly I have traveled a lot and have never once complained about a mattress, I'm not that picky, but this one is the worst I've ever had, I thought about just sleeping on the couch. On a scale of 1-10 if a 1 is a water bed and a ten is the floor, this would be a 9. So if you like firm mattresses and don't mind hearing others talk I suppose its a nice place, otherwise there are better options in this area for the same price range.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at this property while attending the Rice Commencement. We got a great rate and the property is a new (or newly renovated) Courtyard. The room (king) was very large and comfortably appointed. I was really impressed. The bathrooms were standard issue. The only complaint I have is about the lack of parking. It felt like we had to drive around for quite awhile when returning late. The wireless worked well and the staff was incredibly friendly. No complaints here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed here last week on business and it was a good experience. They arranged an airport pickup for me that was excellent, check-in was smooth. I got a room on the sixth floor with a view of downtown. Strong wireless internet and very clean and attractive. There's no real restaurant but their little cafe/bar/coffee service had plenty of simple options; the burger was actually very good. In the morning, they have Starbucks coffee and several breakfast choices. Not bad at all for business or if you're visiting the medical center.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business