“Really Nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #166 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Colorado
“Really Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed at this particular hotel several times because of required visits to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. They are very accommodating. The rooms are clean. The food in the restaurant is very good and it saves me a lot of time and trouble when hungry and tired.
The hotel offers van service to the front door of many of the surrounding medical facilities. It also offers a discount to those who have medical appointments in the mentioned buildings.
It is new and up to date. Thank goodness for the Courtyard. I know that I can count on them during a very stressful visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Kinda shocked to read some of the negative reviews about this hotel when my experience was quite the opposite. First it's a brand new hotel with all the new courtyard amenities and design. I was able to check in early when I arrived. My room was great. Comfortable bed, free internet, flat screen tv and spotless. The entire hotel was very very clean. What I expect from a good courtyard.
The staff was all very friendly to me. They have a great little pool and hot tub in outside. I have no complaints and would definitely stay here again next time I am in Houston.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Orange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We found this Courtyard Marriott to be very comfortable and convenient to the Med Center. The rooms was very clean and attractive and the beds extremely comfortable. It is a fairly new hotel and has a nice fresh look about it with tasteful decor. We had a drink at the cafe/lounge area and found it a little expensive but the service was very good. We enjoyed our stay and will probably choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have no clue where most of these previous posters are staying, because they are not staying at the same hotel. As a Marriott platinum, I have stayed here more than 50 nights for work. I had a water issue once about a year ago, and the water came back in one hour.

Since the hotel is nearly brand new, the rooms are clean and have no issues. The HDTV's are great and the staff has been very friendly. The onsite restaurant is basic but the food is decent, especially when you don't want to go out for dinner. They also have a full bar which is nice (albeit costs a bit more than I think it should). They gym has several ellipticals and treadmills. They also have their own tv's on the machines.

I would recommend this place 100%. I used to stay at the full service Hilton up the street and have since moved all my business here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mooji
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

After reading the reviews, I was bracing myself for an ungodly experience. Needless to say, it was the exact opposite. The location was perfect for me because i was attending an event at the reliant stadium area.

The check in was nice and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were amazingly nice with new decor and expanded size in comparison to typical courtyards I've stayed at.

The free indoor parking below the hotel was nice it rained that day.

I visited the weight room which had basic equipment and free weights.

I purchased the room at a reduced rate on priceline and I will be back there again on my return to Houston.

• Stayed May 2011
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

I booked a suite a year in advance for the NCAA championship game. When my spouse and I arrived, we were told that the suite was not available and that we would be given two rooms instead. Why would our room not be available when booked a year in advance. The manager wrote a cheesy apology and sent some token fruit. Do not expect anything great from this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank maverick4life2
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am reaching out to you in reference to your tripadvisor posting back in April of 2011 and on behalf of the Marriott family. I’d like to resolve this matter in your favor.

My name is Joseph Sherfield and I am the Assistant General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center located in Houston, TX. I am confident that given a chance to speak with you in person or over the phone you will see that I can turn this negative experience around, I kindly request you to give me this opportunity to see what I may be able to do for you and in turn help me and my associates earn a positive reputation for this property and motivate us to do a better job and enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to hear from you at your convenience, please feel free to call me directly at 832-214-6200 or 713-668-4500 ex 4908
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Good Location, clean rooms. Nice staff but the level of service is very poor, If the resturant is open DONT eat here, the food is expensive and basically microwaved rubbish. That said it is clean and is ok for a one or two night stay maximum. It would be much improoved if it had a proper resturant one site or next door.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business