“Well Maintained Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
“Well Maintained Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay overnight at this Marriott property and found it to be a well maintained property. It had been a while since I've stayed at a Marriott, but this particular location seemed to be improved from my previous memories of previous stays. The Hotel staff was excellent and very courteous. They also welcomed me and provided a coupon for a bar beverage. As I walked through the property, I noticed how well lit the floors were and the carpet and decor seemed to be a match made in heaven. The room was also very spacious and well maintained. This property receives 5-stars in my opinion.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms at this property are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy a refreshing beverage from our Food and Beverage department. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel during the week is eyewateringly expenive however this is to be expected for a premium brand hotel close to many of the major oil companies.

Given the price, and some of the reviews, perhaps my expectations were a little high. However I am not particularly fussy but there was too many annoying issues in this hotel.

First the good:
1. Rooms are clean and internet, although $9.95 per day, was reliable.
2. The beds as always in Marriott are very comofrtable.

The not so good:

1. The hotel was built in 2010 and therefore I was surprised that it was not sound-proofed. The noise from the main Highway although not intolerable was too lound. Combined with the noise from the inroom fridge and, by modern standards, noisy aircon it was not too restful.

2. There is a major car park outside the hotel which is very bright at night. Unfortunately the curtains do not overlap so there is always a gap letting light in. Additionally there is a large space between the bottom of the door and the corridor so more light comes in.

3. The gym and pool area are very small for the size of the hotel.

4. The TV is very small and the bathroom is also very small.

5. I booked on the concierge level with access to the lounge. Surprisingly they charge for all alcholic drinks which seems unusual and very mean.

Overall this is an average business hotel let down by too many annoyances. The nearby Marriott Fairfield Inn will probably be my choice next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have been sure to pass on your commits to our staff. Please note for future stays we do provide earplugs on the nightstands in all rooms to assist with any outside noise. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy our recently upgraded Internet access. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks. Service is very good. Breakfast is great value (plenty of choice and healthy). Glenda (serving breakfast) gave a lovely smile every morning! Room is clean and comfortable. Location is good for west area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our friendly staff made you feel at home. I have made sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to our staff especially our Breakfast crew. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Pretty typical Marriott in my opinion, but that's not bad. You can tell it's on the newer side, which is a plus. I sleep very well in Marriott beds, this one was no different. I liked the small store where you can buy essentials if you forget something (like I always do).

The TV is a little small, but the WiFi signal was good. I was able to stream something from Netflix with little interruption, which was a nice surprise.

Was here on business and, overall, it suited my needs fine.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel, friendly staff, and comfortable beds made you feel at home. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy our recently upgraded Internet access. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Slidell,LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of Marriott hotels. This hotel was nice, but don’t think that you will be staying at a typical lavish downtown Marriott type hotel. This hotel has a very modern design. It is very trendy, but not opulent. The staff was very nice and it was in a good location for my needs (I would not recommend staying here if you wanted to be close to Houston's local attractions). The rooms were nicely sized and well appointed. We had a room with two queens sized beds. Trust me; these were the smallest queen sized beds that I have ever seen. Two people can barely fit in each bed. Besides their size, they weren't very comfortable. Also, it was raining when I arrived. The parking lot was very full, so I had to park on the east side of the hotel. To my surprise, there wasn't any entrance on that side (or it was not clearly marked). Therefore, I got very wet. Besides all of that, it’s still a very nice hotel. But, it is more like a Courtyard rather than a Marriott.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MardiGrasFun
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston for your business needs.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Houston Mariott Energy corridor for one night after stepping off a long haul flight, and I couldn't have hoped for a more comfortable and quiet room.
The bar food was just what I needed after that 10 hour flight.

I have stayed at a few Houston business hotels, and the Energy Corridor will be my hotel of choice for the future.

Room Tip: Rooms of higher levels are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Houston Marriott Energy Corridor is a great stay, and I mean great. These 5 stars are well earned. I will only have great things to say about my stay. I came here as a getaway, staycation in my own city, Houston, TX. I actually only live about 8 miles from here but at my house I don't have, a beautiful state of the art workout facility, a relaxing outdoor sitting area including fire pit for night time star gazing, a saltwater pool and a spacious jacuzzi. And that is just the exterior. The interior is beautiful, one of the softest beds and bedding with an abundance of various sized pillows and the rooms are large and spacious, well designed. I think the bedding is Italian Cotton quality, I would love to have this bedding for my own bed, it was that good. The morning front desk staff, Neil and Chris were very helpful at check-in. Neil especially was very helpful with a need that I had, and took care of it without hesitation. Thank you very much Neil. Also the place is only like 3 years old so it is very modern, clean and everything still feels new. This hotel caters to the week day patrons and is very quiet on the weekends, so if you are looking for a nice respite or getaway spot, just to CHILAX, this place will be excellent for that as well. I will definitely be back. By the way, the 4 families I met out at the pool were all from Houston, so it is definitely a great spot for Houstonians to escape to in order to getaway. The only suggestion I would like to offer is to train better the waitstaff in the breakfast room. The service was a little unmotivated but perhaps it was because it was a buffet and a little lack of training or experience. The older woman was very helpful even doing the work of my waitress when she saw a need. but the blonde pony tail waitress from central America could use some training on anticipating the needs of the customer. I do not want her to lose her job, she just needs a little training. For instance, by bringing cream with coffee, Butter & Syrup with pancakes, picking up the dirty dishes on the table) She seemed a little more interested in getting the bill and the tip, I gave her a nice tip the first day, then on day 2, I asked her for chain for a $5. and she said, she didn't have any $1.00, so I insisted since this was a Marriott with lots of ways to get change, she must be able to find a way to get some $1.00. Regardless of this one, perhaps lack of experience situation, I had a great experience and will return for sure. See you again, maybe sooner than later.

Room Tip: East Side gets the early morning sun, the west side gets the sunset, so you decide.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your wonderful comments, and assure you we have addressed with Food and Beverage the concern during the Breakfast hours. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston. Please feel free to check out shopmarriott.com for any items you wish to order for your personal home!