“Great place to stay. Outstanding g staff”

Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
Ranked #86 of 506 Hotels in Houston
London
“Great place to stay. Outstanding g staff”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very clean and modern. The staff are outstanding. Very helpful. Very keen to make your stay a good one. Great shuttle service as well. Good bar area and bar menu is good. There is also a daily healthy option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that out Friendly team made you feel special throughout your stay. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
El Campo, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Service was friendly and the hotel was very modern looking. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms. The pool was nice, private and quiet when I was there. I stayed for four nights and there are plenty of shopping areas, grocery stores, and restaurants in the area. The room had a mini fridge so I could keep some drinks in the room too. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that out Friendly team made you feel special. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Maine
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Arrived here very fatigued from weeks of business travel and lack of sleep. Dragged ourselves into the lobby and were greeted by Kris and Neil at the reception desk. Immediately we were welcomed w exceptional cheer and friendliness and also humor. We felt like we were talking w old friends. Kris was wonderful, and quickly accomodated us into a "quiet room at the back." The staff here are amazingly friendly and in a genuine fashion. They seem to put alot of value into having the guests feel welcomed and a bit "at home." Even the general manager stopped in the hallway, introduced himself, and asked if I was finding everything I needed, and then proceeded to walk me to the breakfast nook. Every staff member has exemplified this spirit of friendliness and hospitality. Our housekeeper was great.

Our room was updated, meticulous, comfortable and spacious. The large bath w soaking tub and freestanding shower is awesome. We have had the daily "healthy selection" which is posted in the elevator; a meal around 400 calories. They are delicious and the portions are quite ample despite the limited calories. I wish other hotels had this option. There is the Derrick's lounge w an outdoor waterfall for relaxing and meals and the outdoor pool complex is larger and much nicer than the pictures on the website.

There is a freeway in the front, but that is the nature of the energy corridor, so request a room in the back if you are a light sleeper. The only con is the distance to downtown as there is no metro in this area.

Would stay here again for a business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have less freeway noise. Ask for a room ending in 29. They are wonderful especiall...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that out fantastic team made you feel special. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Ringerike, Norway
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here again for the second time in a year. This time I could not get my suitcase open, but Gilbert from maintenance came by and helped me out, he was just as friendly and service minded as are all the staff at the hotel.
At breakfast though, I did experience that I never received tea and juice unless I was active in getting it myslef. There is also a loose bit of flooring at the fromt end of the restaurant that needs to be sorted out before someone has an accident.
Beds are excellent, so are the amenities, all in all a very comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the intersate are noisy, so pick one at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your return visit to our hotel, it is always wonderful to see familiar faces. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that out Friendly team made you feel special. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
USA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel two weeks ago. One day we noticed that the toiletries that were left seemed to have been used - they were not full bottles. I took them down to the reception and spoke to a manager. To my surprise, the manager did not seem to be very concerned - he just asked if I needed more bottles! He said he will talk to housekeeping but it happened again the very next day. Is this a new Marriott cost cutting program?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I want to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience that you had at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with our Housekeeping service. I have conveyed your comments to our Housekeeping staff as your feedback is very important to us. We hope to see you on your next visit to Houston.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2012

They charge for internet, breakfast, and room service is slow. The guy that bought my food said he went to the wrong room and no one was there so he waited. My food was cold and stale and who knows who's been breathing over it. My booking had these services for free but the hotel staff said otherwise. Even one of the staff said my internet is free when i called them from my room but when I checked out the guy said its not free, Found a bed bug on one of the beds too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Catherine W, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Good Morning,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback in regards to your Room Service experience. I have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage staff and promise the situation has been addressed.

The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a significant point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and remedy any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and assure you the situation has been addressed.

Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to Houston.

Catherine West
Front Office Manager
Marriott Energy Corridor
San Antonio
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and i were attending a convention in Katy, TX. This hotel was convenient to Katy and had several restaurants in the area. The hotel is nicely decorated and has a very nice pool although a little small. The lobby is also small but does have a bar as well as a restaurant in the rear of the hotel. The staff is friendly and all employees greeted us with a smile. The only drawbacks were that there was a very loud party on the 10th floor and we could hear the music on the 8th floor. In addition, we tried to check in at 3pm (regular hotel check in time) but our room was not ready. The cleaning staff did a good job but at times over used the lysol spray.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback. We're happy to hear that our friendly staff made you feel special throughout your stay. We hope you'll be back to stay with us in 2013.