Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #164 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for 1 night after arriving from a International flight
You have to call the hotel for (free) shuttle transportation.
Om my occasion I had to call twice before they picked us up (45 min), but I guess this was a one off. When I mentioned this to the front-desk at check in they apologized and compensated me with miles for the inconvenience.
Good breakfast, clean rooms, free wifi and a short drive to IAH airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Outstanding location, close to Sam Houston Tollway. Hotel was very quiet and clean. Staff provided Excellent customer service. Excellent self-service Laundry room on the 2nd floor. Approximate 2 minutes from Subway, Taco Bell, and rest of the food establishments on JFK Blvd passing back under Sam Houston Tollway. Definitely will stay here again, when in Houston.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Chris G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and value your business. Please do return the next time your travels bring you to Houston.

Chris Gibson

Reviewed June 13, 2013

When I do business in Houston, I sometimes spend the last night at a hotel near IAH so it is easy to catch the first flight home the next morning. Previously I stayed at another hotel, but my client's company has a discounted rate at the Fairfield Inn. I always thought that Fairfield was like a Super 8 -- but run by Marriott. I was astonished to find a relatively new hotel with a spacious room and great location. They even had a few hot food items available for guests (complimentary) on the night I was there -- along with free beer and wine for those who were interested.

My GPS unit had trouble finding it. Suggest you check a map; it is easy to find. The location is great ... just off JFK Blvd. near the airport in a quiet, somewhat secluded area.

Perfect place for those wanting something near IAH without lots of traffic.

Only wish their free shuttle to the airport started earlier in the morning so I could take it for my 6:00 am flight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed 2 times here to catch early flight. Nice clean hotel off the main path. Nice out door pool for the kids. Serve drinks and appetizers on weekdays at no charge. Your only 10 minutes from airport from this location. Several restaurants close to location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place is hidden but well maintained and staff was friendly and courteous. I was checked in by Kathy that had a pleasant smile the entire time. It is nice to see happy staff at the front counter and I welcome this. Great customer service is always a plus! We stayed overnight as we attended an event at the hotel. Lobby area is nice, fitness room, and cool pool with waterfall effect. However if you do not have a vehicle you will need one as there is nothing in walking distance and this is the only reason it gets an overall 4/5.

Room Tip: Continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30am
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Besides being an excellent hotel all around with really great rates I got service above and beyond.
For the first time in my life I almost missed my flight because I overslept. Luckily I was saved because the shuttle driver Christine has an outstanding knowledge of the layout of the Houston airport and managed to tell me how to use the shortcut to get to the check-in in record time. I had 2 minutes before cut off time, but I made it.
The hotel is very quiet, surrounded by trees, free parking, excellent rates, is fairly new and very well maintained and super clean. The airport shuttle even picks up from the rental return, so you can save money and stress by returning the night before and take the airport shuttle the next day.
Excellent value, very friendly staff- this will be my hotel when I visit Houston
There is a restaurant called Good Eats next door in the Holiday inn, but I was disappointed in the meal. It is pricey for the quality of food you actually get. I would not eat there again and would look for another restaurant

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, mostly for business. The Fairfield team at this hotel is awesome! They always great guests with a smile and jump through hoops to ensure everything is satisfactory. In an industry that seems to have a lot of turnover, this hotel is the exception. I recognize many of the same faces from my first visit three years ago.

This Fairfield offers large, clean rooms with 2 x Flat screen TVs, refrigerators and microwave ovens. Additionally, they provide an ample amount of free food and beverages (breakfast, dinner and happy hour).

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a weak signal from the cell towers. No connection problems on floors three an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business