Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #143 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“Good stay”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place is hidden but well maintained and staff was friendly and courteous. I was checked in by Kathy that had a pleasant smile the entire time. It is nice to see happy staff at the front counter and I welcome this. Great customer service is always a plus! We stayed overnight as we attended an event at the hotel. Lobby area is nice, fitness room, and cool pool with waterfall effect. However if you do not have a vehicle you will need one as there is nothing in walking distance and this is the only reason it gets an overall 4/5.

Room Tip: Continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30am
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Besides being an excellent hotel all around with really great rates I got service above and beyond.
For the first time in my life I almost missed my flight because I overslept. Luckily I was saved because the shuttle driver Christine has an outstanding knowledge of the layout of the Houston airport and managed to tell me how to use the shortcut to get to the check-in in record time. I had 2 minutes before cut off time, but I made it.
The hotel is very quiet, surrounded by trees, free parking, excellent rates, is fairly new and very well maintained and super clean. The airport shuttle even picks up from the rental return, so you can save money and stress by returning the night before and take the airport shuttle the next day.
Excellent value, very friendly staff- this will be my hotel when I visit Houston
There is a restaurant called Good Eats next door in the Holiday inn, but I was disappointed in the meal. It is pricey for the quality of food you actually get. I would not eat there again and would look for another restaurant

Moorpark, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, mostly for business. The Fairfield team at this hotel is awesome! They always great guests with a smile and jump through hoops to ensure everything is satisfactory. In an industry that seems to have a lot of turnover, this hotel is the exception. I recognize many of the same faces from my first visit three years ago.

This Fairfield offers large, clean rooms with 2 x Flat screen TVs, refrigerators and microwave ovens. Additionally, they provide an ample amount of free food and beverages (breakfast, dinner and happy hour).

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a weak signal from the cell towers. No connection problems on floors three an...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is located minutes away from the IAH airport. It is hidden by trees and is not located on the side of one of the busy streets near the airport like the rest of the hotels. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes from the hotel and the airport.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are new and still taken good care of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chris G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay earlier this month at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip through Houston.

Kind regards,
Chris Gibson
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was in Houston for a funeral and I booked this hotel, I got in at 10pm so it was a little scary driving from the George Bush Airport, it was 10 mins but I have not been to Houston over 15 years, and this hotel is inside the woods or the jungle, lol. The girls that worked there was very nice, I stayed 2 nights and they were helping me to book another hotel closer to where the funeral was. The room was nice and roomy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Nick. Thank for your kind remarks regarding your (short) stay in Houston. It's too bad you weren't able to take advantages of more of our amenties we offer. Please make sure to say hi on your next stay with us. I always enjoy meeting our guests and don't forget about our complimentary light dinner Monday - Thursday. Safe travels.

Regards,
Chris Gibson
Winthrop, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed here as a quick overnight en route to Mexico City. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice and new this hotel is. It has all the amenities you would expect from the Fairfield brand, especially for an airport area property. I was only there for a total of 8 hours so unfortunately was not able to try out the pool or the gym. Hot breakfast buffet was nice as well as the snack offerings in the lobby if you get a late night craving or have not had time to eat after a long. Check in was seamless, the room was very spacious and clean, and the shuttle was quick from the terminal. I called right when I landed since it was late at night and I wanted to get to the hotel quickly. The shuttle had already stopped at Terminal E, but the receptionist radioed back to him and he swung around again to pick me up. Very nice of them to go out of their way instead of making wait another half hour. I have already booked another transit stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Modena, Italy
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the quality was absolutely up to the price paid. The rooms were clean, spacious and with all the comforts needed. The hotel also offers dinner to its guests and that was simple but good. The hotel is located a bit further than the other airport hotels, but being in the middle of a park makes it stand secluded from the traffic and the cars noise. I enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends