“good hotel and staff”

Ranked #143 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“good hotel and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is located minutes away from the IAH airport. It is hidden by trees and is not located on the side of one of the busy streets near the airport like the rest of the hotels. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes from the hotel and the airport.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are new and still taken good care of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chris G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay earlier this month at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip through Houston.

Kind regards,
Chris Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was in Houston for a funeral and I booked this hotel, I got in at 10pm so it was a little scary driving from the George Bush Airport, it was 10 mins but I have not been to Houston over 15 years, and this hotel is inside the woods or the jungle, lol. The girls that worked there was very nice, I stayed 2 nights and they were helping me to book another hotel closer to where the funeral was. The room was nice and roomy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Nick. Thank for your kind remarks regarding your (short) stay in Houston. It's too bad you weren't able to take advantages of more of our amenties we offer. Please make sure to say hi on your next stay with us. I always enjoy meeting our guests and don't forget about our complimentary light dinner Monday - Thursday. Safe travels.

Regards,
Chris Gibson
Winthrop, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed here as a quick overnight en route to Mexico City. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice and new this hotel is. It has all the amenities you would expect from the Fairfield brand, especially for an airport area property. I was only there for a total of 8 hours so unfortunately was not able to try out the pool or the gym. Hot breakfast buffet was nice as well as the snack offerings in the lobby if you get a late night craving or have not had time to eat after a long. Check in was seamless, the room was very spacious and clean, and the shuttle was quick from the terminal. I called right when I landed since it was late at night and I wanted to get to the hotel quickly. The shuttle had already stopped at Terminal E, but the receptionist radioed back to him and he swung around again to pick me up. Very nice of them to go out of their way instead of making wait another half hour. I have already booked another transit stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Modena, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the quality was absolutely up to the price paid. The rooms were clean, spacious and with all the comforts needed. The hotel also offers dinner to its guests and that was simple but good. The hotel is located a bit further than the other airport hotels, but being in the middle of a park makes it stand secluded from the traffic and the cars noise. I enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lilsistakaty
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

While clean and neat this hotel came up a bit short. Water pressure was lacking and the temperature controls did not work. Breakfast quality was average, but the options were better than many. Friendly and courteous staff. Overall average stay for an average price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

As with many Marriott brand properties, this place was consistent in style, quality and comfort for this type of property. The rooms were clean, the staff was courteous and the quality for the price was perfect. I only stayed one night and it was fine once I finally arrived. However, two of the amenities offered by this particular property were less than desirable. I only have three complaints (seems like a lot, but it's merely a description):

1) The staff are not all on the same page about property amenities, specifically the airport shuttle. I called ahead to ensure that a shuttle would be available when I arrived in my 12:30am flight into Houston. I was assured twice, that my late arrival was noted and that the shuttle stopped running at 1:00am. Upon my arrival, 15 minutes early, I called the hotel to find out where exactly to meet the shuttle and was told that there were no more shuttles for the night! Immediately, anxiety set it as I was tired, hungry and simply ready to get to bed. After 10 minutes of "discussing" this inconvenience with the desk agent, I was told that she was sending the shuttle driver back to the airport. When the driver arrived, he proceeded to driver around the airport to pick-up more passengers...this made no sense to me if the shuttle was "finished for the night". Anyhow, I arrived to the property and breezed through check-in (note that I never received an apology for the confusion). Do not put a lot of stock into the shuttle offered by this property if you are arriving late night.

2) Again...the shuttle hassle: I needed the shuttle back to the airport in the morning and was told that I should make my requested at check-in, which I did. My 1st preferred time was "full" so, I accepted the next available time, 30 minutes later. Not surprised at all that when I checked-out, I was told that the shuttle was running 30 minutes behind. Apparently, my original requested time was bombarded by hotel guests who apparently did not have a reservation. When it was time for me to board my scheduled shuttle - 30 minutes late - it to was rushed by hotel guests who had not necessarily made a reservation. I finally made it to the airport to catch my flight. Finally, the property is not too far from the airport, though I'm not sure why it's advertised as an "airport hotel".

3) Breakfast, while free, is not really a fun breakfast. It is more continental and a "make-your-own" waffle station was available. The fresh fruit offered was great and fresh/ripe. However, the warm foods offered did not appear to be fresh. No big complaints here as the food was refreshed and it's adequate to get you on your way in the morning. Take a few pieces of fruit with you!

Finally, the hotel overall is a great stay. I would stay again should I arrive earlier and do not require the shuttle service.

Room Tip: If available, get a room on the 4th floor, away from the elevator and opposite the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Ok lets get the one negative thing out of the way first. This property is hard to find. Its further down the road than most of the airport hotels in this area and in a business park. Add to that the fact it has almost no signs (probably a zoning thing) to find it initially is a challenge. Given that - once you do find it, its OK. While being a little further away from the airport may also be a negative to some, the upside is that it is quieter as well so that is a good thing.

Now for the positives. The property is fairly new (I'd guess about 2 years but didn't ask) so it has the more current Fairfield appointments. It is also larger than most Fairfields so the public rooms tend to be larger as well. Rooms were appointed a little nicer than the older Fairfields and the bathroom actually had granite counter tops. Bed was current and nice. Breakfast differed a little as well with more hot items very similar to what the Hampton Inns serve (this is a good thing as it has always been one area where Fairfields were behind the Hamptons). They also borrowed from the Residence Inn model and have limited hot snacks in the evening. Folks were very friendly and on the whole helpfull. Some of the staff didn't seem to have a lot of experience, but you've got to start somewhere. For a night at the airport it is a good deal. If you are going to be spending a lot of time downtown its probably not the place to stay.

Would I stay here again? Probably if it was before a morning flight. While close to the airport it didn't have the busy feeling so many airport hotels have and it was in a quiet area. Do note that there are closer properties to the airport and if that makes a difference then look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business