“Best”

Hobby Airport Inn
Ranked #429 of 504 Hotels in Houston
“Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stay for two weeks. The carpet was cleaned. Good housekeeping, Since i had best deal for two weeks, they did twice a week completely housekeeping and daily towels and trash were picked up. They were checking daily needs and were provided daily. Good breakfast. Outside cleaning was great. Good view. Excellent stay with best price!

Room Tip: Back side of the building are very quite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Nikhil V
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for such a glowing review and for being such a valued guest. We are so glad to know that you appreciated the housekeeping and enjoyed our breakfast. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Jose Area, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

My kids and I stopped here one night on our way to Florida. I reserved a room via another hotel discount site so we stayed here for a budget price. And even then, it was a total ripoff!

Now let me tell you - I spent four weeks...FOUR WEEKS...traveling across our great country and this was the absolute WORST lodging I stayed in. This was worst than that hostel in West Tennessee in the bad neighborhood and the smelly sheets...worst than the mom-and-pop motel in Arkansas that was under renovations from a flood and still smelled weird. But this place...this place was the first place I EVER felt UNSAFE and DIRTY after staying there.

1st problem - when we checked in, there were two women at the front desk. Neither greeted me - just stared at their computers. "Excuse me?" I said after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence. Once finally looked up and scowled at me, "Yes?" "I'm here to check in?" "Oh." Yup, great customer service, huh? I think their boss needs to disconnect the internet from the front desk computers.

2nd problem - I asked for a non-smoking room when I made the reservations. What I got when we checked in was a room that they said was non-smoking but I'm sure saw the light of a cig just the night before because that whole room STUNK of smoke. It was so bad, I had to ask for a new room for fear of the smell bringing on my asthma and landing me in the ER that night.

Thankfully, the front desk was willing to help me out though there seemed to not be a lot of choices. After two more rooms (both filled with smoke) they finally found me a room. Yah!

Then came Problem #3 - this room had no phone, no security latch, nasty dirty carpet, a dying AC unit that smelled, and a TV so old, someone probably saw Nixon's inauguration on it. After driving all day with two kids and unloading my stuff twice, I was too freaking tired to complain. I just wedged a chair under the door knob and went to bed. Yes...I had to WEDGE a CHAIR under the DOORKNOB to ensure no one would come inside at night. WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?

Why would I do that? Well, let me tell you - while I was unpacking my car, a Houston police car drove slowly through the parking lot and the look on the cop's face as he inspected things made me feel very wary of where I was staying. I've lived in some interesting parts of Southern California but even then, the cops had a decent look on their faces, like "I have control of this place!" This cop looked somewhere between scared and freaked. Creepy!

Problem #4 - The bathroom. Oh god...the bathroom SUCKED. The toilet seat was chipped and wobbling so bad you'd think you were on a rodeo ride. The sink was old and dirty. And the shower was interesting. Though the water heat and pressure was good, the shower was so leaky, it sprayed everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. I got water in my overnight bag that was sitting on the floor beside the door.

My kids slept well that night but I didn't as I was wary of the people that seemed to be constantly walking outside the door, talking, yelling, and making noise. I finally got up early and packed the car before the kids were even up - we were getting the hell out of Houston!

So, then came Problem #5 - their breakfast area was a MESS. Even at 6:30 AM, it looked as though three rock bands had invaded and trashed the place. Cereal was all over the counter and floor, there was a half-eaten pastry sitting on the display case, and there were crumbs everywhere. And the are where the milk was placed smelled BAD. Fearing for my and my kids' gastric health, I grabbed a couple pre-packaged pastries and three bananas and ran for it. The signs say not to take food out of the area but by the looks of the tables, I didn't feel it was safe to eat there either. I tucked the food in my coat pockets and hurried to check out.

And there comes our last problem of the day (Problem #6, if you're counting) - the "wonderful" staff at checkout. I walked up with my kids and was once again ignored. I spoke up - "Excuse me, I'd like to check out." The woman turned away from her computer and stared at me, dumbfounded that I would even THINK about checking out of their hellhole. "Room?" she asked. I told her as I set the key down on the counter in front of her. She clicked her mouse a couple times and then said, "Okay." "Okay what?" I asked, not sure what she meant. "You're checked out." "Can I get a receipt, please?" She sighed a heavy sigh, as if I was asking for her to stand on her head and whistle Dixie, clicked her mouse a couple times and then handed me a piece of paper.

Between the lackluster and disrespectful staff, the nasty and unsafe room, and the health hazard of the breakfast area, I have to tell you not to stay here. Actually, I want to scream at you, "RUN RUN RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!"

No one should EVER have to stay in that rat's nest of a motel. The city should have closed and condemned that place ages ago. For the love of God, people, please STOP giving these people MONEY!!!! If I could get a hold of the owners, I'd try to get MY money back! But I'm sure I'll never see it again....

Lesson learned....

Room Tip: RUN RUN RUN! For the love of God, please do not stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AnnieDe
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. Currently, the property is under new management, the hotel now is in the process of enhancing our services and improving our accommodations. It is indeed disheartening to hear what happened during your stay. The comments you’ve shared will be guiding us on what we need to attend, to make things much better for our future guests. Your concerns which are security, fresh breakfast choices, clean and comfortable rooms and bathrooms as well as staff demeanor will be always kept in mind to ensure that your satisfaction comes first. We know that the health and welfare of your kids and family are important to you and it also important to us. Your previous experience will be a lesson we can learn from and something that we should be aware of. Please be assured that great changes are coming your way and hope that these will make you feel safe and comfortable should you decide to visit again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

My stay was pleasant-a perfect stay with everything you want at one place!!
spacious suites furnished with modern amenities and all the comforts of home, including excellent services, located only minutes from Houston attractions too

Keep up the good work!
we will return again

Jenny.....

Room Tip: we stayed in king rooms and they were neat and spacious.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenny P
Jenny,

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. As a dear guest, your insight and comments are essential in improving the quality of stay we give to our guests. It is good to know that you appreciated our well-appointed accommodations and superior services that made you feel at home. Please advise us of your next trip and we will ensure that you receive the same pleasant accommodations in your future stay. Thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Two rooms, two nights, me my wife and her sister on a vacation trip. Beds clean, carpets filthy, davenport filthy. Light bulbs out, musty rooms, inadequate toilet paper and drinking cups. No housekeeping. Complained to desk clerk who told us she could do nothing, because they don't do housekeeping for multiple night stays and housekeeping is only there Tuesdays and Fridays. We called Travelodge to complain, and they said they no longer own the property as of March 31st. They couldn't tell us the real name of the motel. The sign says Travelodge, the stationary says Travelodge and the shuttle bus says Travelodge. This is totally bizarre.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TravelodgeHobbyMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
It is extremely disheartening to hear about this experience that you faced during your recent stay. We will be escalating this matter to further investigate the details of what exactly took place. Please know that this is taken very seriously and will be addressed accordingly.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Third time staying at this property, choose it because of the price. Arrived at the hotel early and the front desk lady made sure that the room was clean before I checked in, I knew check in wasn't until 2pm but she was very accommodating and allowed me to check in after the maids gave the ok. I think the front desk lady was the manager and you could tell. The room was good, I had stayed here previously and noticed that the cleanliness of the hotel was above of what it used to be. The carpets were a major complaint in reading these reviews but noticed my carpet was good. (At check out the manager once again was there and said that they were in the process of cleaning all the carpets.) All in all it was a good nights stay and the bed is wonderful! I recommend it but as always my opinion is just that, mine. Keep up the good work guys it's showing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aimee A
TravelodgeHobbyMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
We sincerely appreciate that your time to write us a very detailed review of your recent visit. Thank you for continuously choosing to stay at our Hotel whenever you visit Houston. We constantly look for ways to enhance the positive experience of our guests and your valuable feedback greatly helps us in achieving our goal. The comments we receive regarding the cleanliness and upkeep of our Hotel are seriously taken and we are making necessary actions to ensure that we are correcting our deficiencies to meet up with our customer’s expectations of quality service delivery. Thank for acknowledging our efforts and we sincerely appreciate your recommendation of our Hotel. Thank you very much for your business and we are certainly look forward to your next stay.