“UGH! Horrid”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hobby Airport Inn

Hobby Airport Inn
Ranked #431 of 504 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We arrived at this hotel at 1230 am to check in. The employee checking us in was rude and didn't leave me feeling good about staying there. We drive to our room and there seems to be quite a few people just walking around in the parking lot. I wasn't getting a good feeling about the area but was extremely tired from driving so i just wanted to get to bed. We walk into our room and it was so disgusting i refused to put my stuff down. The floor was crusty, the tables sticky, the lock on the door was broken, the light was broken so it was very dim in the room, there was trash on the floor, and it smelled gross. We took our things back to the car and stood outside calling different hotels to try and find a room to stay in. I knew that the guy at the front desk wouldn't be able to do anything since he wasn't a manger so we went ahead and left.
We came back the next day to speak to the manager and this was the only redeeming quality this hotel has. When i told the manager my concerns he immediately apologized and gave us a full refund, including the night before. There was a sign saying the hotel was under new management and I got the idea that he knew there were problems and was in the process of trying to fix them.

So if you want to take a risk and stay here go ahead because the customer service by the manager was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley D
Katy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

My overall rating for this hotel is average. I base that on a few items. The room, although in my oppinion needs some TLC as far as renovations are concerned, was good. It was clean and comfortable and I slept well. I had a little difficulty regulating the temperature of the water while using the shower. It was a little on the hot side but tolerable. The Hotel in general was clean and looked like an average facility of its type. There was some dusty cobwebs near the celing over the door at the main office entrance. Maybe this could be addressed and remidied. Seems like an easy fix to me. It was great that there was a contenental breakfast available; however, along with cereal, waffals, coffe and juice maybe some varity of fruit could also be offered as well. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. The one glaring problem I experienced difficulty with was doing laundry. I had only a few items to wash; however, there were only two machines avalable and one out of two dryers aviable (the other was out of order). The lack of adequate laundry machines made doing my laundry very excrutiating. In fact I had to dry my clothes the next day because I could not get the use of the one operating dryer. This was very frustrating. I would stay here again but make sure I had no laundry to wash.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here only because I was told we could leave the car there for the weekend while we flew out of Hobby airport. No where did it say in the website additional fee to park or was I told this. True it was only $6 a day, but it was more the point that I would have stayed somewhere a little nicer if I had known. Breakfast was a joke, the rooms were clean and what you would expect for $50 a night. All in all I would stay here again if I had to but only if it was a last resort. We ended up parking next to the airport for $5 a day so it wasn't a complete loss.

• Stayed April 2013
Kyle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

room was not cleaned well. toilet was covered with pubic hair, like someone had just shaved. coffee pot and cups were so dusty. you could write your name on them, with your finger. got no response from the front desk, when i called. breakfast was horrible. waffles and cereal. when i mentioned the problems to the manager, he said he would have the room cleaned again. went out for lunch. came back. to only beds being made. good thing i had clorox wipes. never again, will i stay here...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Travelodge Houston Hobby Airport
Econo Lodge Houston Lobby
Econo Lodge Houston Lobby
#290 of 504 in Houston
Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hobby Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Hobby Airport Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hobby Airport Inn

Property: Hobby Airport Inn
Address: 8800 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061-3400 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn Houston / Hobby Airport)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #431 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Hotel Class:2 star — Hobby Airport Inn 2*
The Hobby Airport Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Houston-TX on famous Airport Blvd. We strive to give you the best value combined with the best location. Hotel features an outdoor pool and all rooms include expanded cable TV and free Wi-Fi. Rooms at hotel are furnished with a microwave and a refrigerator. We are just one mile from the Hobby Airport and we provide free shuttle to airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hobby Airport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.