“TERRIBLE MANAGER!!!”

Comfort Suites West Energy Corridor
Ranked #321 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel once before and it was a wonderful experence until my last vist! The new manager is the worst I have ever met in entire life. Her Customer service is poor, speaks to guests rudely, unattentive, short memory and acts like you are squatting in her house rather than a paying guest in a hotel! lacks what it takes to be a manager in a hotel. Period... maybe she is related to the owner , why she is still there.?? The receptionists are very nice , friendly and always trying to make up for the poor service the manager gives. That was the last and will never return there again. If you are looking for somewhere you can feel loved or welcome, look elewhere otherwise you will leave angery and disappointed.!!!

Room Tip: Any of the room will do. No problems there with house keeping or room service. Front desk are great...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ben b
Tiffney S, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We have changed our management and staffing so I would hope that you would consider staying.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel for our company meeting. The Breakfast was fresh out of the kitchen, like your mother would cook. Hot, and very tasty. All fresh foods! The breakfast guy was the world greatest keeping everything clean. While eating the manager Mrs Ward came to our table and made us feel at home. The next day when we got back from our meeting, she had put cookies in our room with fresh water. We stayed here 4 days, and I visit a lot of hotels, you can't beat this place. In the middle of the night, our TV went out, and the tv was repaired in the middle of the night! Great staff, and great food! Very clean

Room Tip: all the rooms are pretty big
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The manager Phyliss Ward is negligent, unqualified and unprofessional. She does not care about her customers and should not be in this industry imo. The rest of the staff was friendly but quite untrained. The hotel is nice but I recommend you stay at another hotel if you want to avoid a headache and some unexplained hidden fees.

My family booked this hotel via Expedia because their website indicated that this establishment is pet friendly. I even confirmed this with the girl at the front desk when I check into the hotel later that day. I asked her if there was a pet deposit fee and she told me that their was none. The next day, as I was walking my dog downstairs another front desk receptionist told me that this hotel did not allow dogs. I quickly informed her that this must have been a mistake since their Expedia page and the girl at the front desk last night told me otherwise. She retorted that the website needed to be updated and that the girl did not know what she was talking about. After consulting with her manager, I was told that they would accommodate us if we gave them a 150$ cash deposit. My family was willing to give them the money,but all we asked was that they in turn give us a official receipt of the transaction. They refused to give us a receipt. Uncomfortable with the fact of giving them cash without documentation after they the have already made past mistakes we told them we would not give them the money unless they were willing to draft an official receipt. After disagreeing, the manager told the the girl at the front desk to tell us that we were kicked out and had ten minutes to leave. I then asked the girl at the front desk to see the manager in person, in which she replied "My manager doesn't want to see you". Since we booked for two days and only stayed for one, we informed the girl that we will be needing a refund for the one day otherwise we will be contacting our attorney. Immediately after we arrived back to our room to pack, we got a call from Phyllis Ward. I informed her that we wanted a refund for the day we weren't staying which was the least the hotel could have done for us especially since they made a mistake and are kicking us out instead of apologizing. She abrasively told me that their will be no refund, in which i replied that she'll be hearing my attorney. As we were leaving, the girl at the front desk showed us a receipt of our stay with a zero balance. Thinking that we received a full refund we gladly left the hotel, hoping to never have to think about this horrid experience ever again. A month later, I looked at my bank statement and to my surprise, not only did they not give me refund, they actually charged me an additional day separate to what I had paid to Expedia. So in total, I paid the two nights stay I original booked via Expedia along with an additional one day charge the hotel made on my card. Expedia had to call the hotel to confirmed all the details in order to give me my money back and later told me they could not because the hotel said they will still be charging for the two nights. Currently, I am on hold with Expedia sorting everything out because the hotel management failed to inform Expedia that they charged our card separately. It has been two hours, because the Expedia rep is trying to get in contact with the manager. Needless to say, this has been the worst hotel experience in my life.

For the entirety of this nightmare, we have not once talked to the manager, Phyllis Ward, in person. Instead of stepping in and mediating the situation she chose to ignore it. Not once did we hear them apologize for their mistakes. In addition, I had my extended family book the hotel at the same time we were there. After my aunt's family checked out, they were shocked to see a $170 fee on their bill. They were informed by the front desk receptionist that it was because their 3 year old was running down the hall and they proceeded to play a video of it to her. They never warned them about a no running fee for kids prior to charging them and there was also another family disgruntled to find the same charge on their bill.

I never write reviews but for this hotel experience I'm making an exception. In summation, DO NOT STAY HERE. This completely ruined out family's weekend. I will never again book via Expedia, nor am I ever stepping foot in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mktran

I hope you make the exception to come try us again since we do not have the same staff as before. We are not pet friendly for we are people friendly.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Hotel was built in 2011; is in nice condition. That about does it for the positives. I made a reservation over the phone with my credit card for a two night stay. When I checked in, I presented a different credit card for payment, and asked attendant to please charge my room to that card. This was never done, even though I complained to the front desk once during my stay that the charges were posting to the wrong account. Next problem? Cold breakfast. There didn't seem to be a lot of guests at the hotel, even though it was a Friday night. The "hot" breakfast items were cold. Next on the list -- foolish negligence. Hotel had carpeted stairways with tile landings. Professional carpet cleaners were working during my stay. I left mid afternoon to go to an appointment, and there was no equipment in the stairwell. When I got to the bottom floor, I found myself on the ground on my right knee. I had slipped in a puddle of water on the tile. It's Houston; people wear flip flops. Come on. Luckily I wasn't injured badly.

I went to the front desk to let the attendant know, and he just said, "Oh, yes, well they are cleaning the carpets." I replied that no, he didn't understand, there was no equipment or hoses or anything visible in the stairwell, and I fell down in a puddle of water, and I could have been seriously hurt, and they should probably do something about it. Only then did the attendant make a weak effort to tell another employee to tell the carpet cleaners to dry the puddle.

At this point I was trying to be cordial, and I needed to request a late check out time for the next day, as my husband was working until 6pm. Which brings me to the next issue--complete lack of communication amongst staff. The attendant said that I could check out at 1pm, and he would let the maid know to clean my room last. Next day around 11:15 a.m, I get a call from the front desk asking if I still plan to check out that day. I said yes, and that the attendant yesterday had given me a late check out time of 1pm. She said okay, and I hung up. A bit later, I went to take a shower and get ready to go. I had purposefully left the "do not disturb" sign on my door. Oh, well. While I was in the shower, maid opened the door. Luckily I had the safety latch on, so she was only able to get it open a few inches. Nice.

When it was all said and done, I was out of my room a few minutes before the late checkout time I had been given. I was too angry at this point to talk to anyone at the front desk anymore about charging the wrong card.

It has been five days. My card was charged for THREE nights (I stayed two), plus there was a completely random additional charge pending for $90. I have been trying to talk to the manager. She actually answered my call yesterday, just to tell me she was in a meeting, and she would have to call me back later. I asked when, because I had classes later that day. She said right after her meeting. Who are these people?

It has been a day and a half since that conversation. Thanks to my credit card company, I have disputed the entire transaction. I have never disputed a transaction in my life, but these people are ridiculous. Please save yourself the trouble. I need a weekend to recover from them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie L
Tiffney S, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

I do apologize for your stay due to the manager at that time but we have changed management and staff and can assure you that it will be a better experience. Please come back and give us another chance.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

First, let me say that the staff is unprofessional at best. The "security" guy wore an old dirty t-shirt and layed around in the lobby watching TV during my entire 4 night stay. Houskeeping came to clean my room and somehow took the remote with them. When I asked for a replacement remote after working 14 hours and wanting nothing more than to lay in bed and be lazy, I was told that there were no extra ones and I could use the buttons on the TV to change the volume and channel. I asked the young lady at the desk to simply move me to another room with a remote since they refused my suggestion of taking a remote from an unbooked room. She advised me to come down and get a new key. She assigned a new room but just as I was about to move to the new room, the "security guy" came and, in front of me. reprimanded her for moving me to a room they may be able to sell simply because I don't have a remote. He then grabbed an old bag of beat up remotes and tried to get them to work. Once he realized they weren't working, he reluctantly gave me the one from his room....where I believe he LIVES!
To make matters worse, I was charged twice for the stay and have had nothing but issues with trying to get the money back from them. Two weeks have passed and the manager, Phyllis Ward, has avoided me like the plague! I even have my booking agent calling to resolve this and she is avoiding them too. They even refused to send me a receipt showing the additional charge they made to my account.
I will NEVER stay at that hotel again and I will NEVER recommend it to anyone. The room was nice but the exterior was frightening. The staff was unprofessional and they wouldn't even give me a toothbrush after I inadvertently left mine at home.

Room Tip: My tip? Go somewhere else. The Drury in Sugarland is very close and has FANTASTIC service for about...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've stayed here several times. I lost count! I used to work for Choice Hotels and would stay here under my employee rate, but now I am with Hilton. The staff were always kind/helpful, the room was always clean/always smelled fresh, fitness center was decent size/clean, parking was convenient, and parking lot was well lit.

...I feel a little juvenile writing this on here, but after a long night of drinking with whom I have now been with for a year, I stumbled into the maintenance room (which I thought was my room at the time). My only concern is that it should have been locked being that a child could have wandered into it and severely hurt themselves.

I have so many memories here! Every time I pass by this hotel on Hwy 6, I smile because I remember that it is where fell in love of all places. I am still with that person a year later :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband, 4 year old, and I just returned from our weekend stay at this hotel. I don't have one complaint. The staff was nice and check-in was quick. The room was clean and spacious. We stayed in the 2 queens suite that included a sleeper sofa and a flat screen tv. The room was large enough that our 4 year old had plenty of room to move around and play with his toys. The breakfast was also very good. We were treated to eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, smothered potatoes, a waffle maker, cereals, apples, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, fruit, and juices. There were also two restaurants that were in walking distance, including Ryan's Buffet and KFC. There were several restaurants within 5 minute driving distance. The pool area was also clean and well maintained. It was only 5 ft deep, which was good enough for us.
The only negative was the workout room that was definitely lacking. Other than that, we loved the hotel and will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family